Chapter 25: The Plan

After thinking about Johnny's threat, Philip had reluctantly agreed to help the youths takedown Roman

After thinking about Johnny's threat, Philip had reluctantly agreed to help the youths takedown Roman. Had he turned down this opportunity, Philip was afraid that Johnny or Roman would find out where he lives and kill him.

So while Nessa and the boys prepare themselves for battle, Philip gave Brooke Roman's number so she can set up the meeting.

Originally, Roman was surprised by Brooke's sudden call. But when she informed him that she and her friends have captured Philip, Roman had agreed to set up the meeting at the warehouse.

"Did you tell your mom that you're at a friend's house?" Nessa asked Philip. She stuffed her blue sweater inside her backpack and pulled the zipper.

Philip nods, putting the phone back in its receiver.

"Good," a calm smile emerged on Nessa's face. "That way, your parents won't be in any danger."

Brooke materialized in the living room, hauling her green bag. "While I was filling my pack," she began. "I had a vision that Roman and his goons won't touch your house."

A puzzled Philip asked, "how the hell do you know that?"

"Brooke can see the future." Caleb adjusts his favorite red snapback cap on his head, then smoothes his white Brooklyn Dodgers jersey.

"I'll go see if Johnny needs any help. Keep an eye on Philip, Nessa."

Philip's eyes glinted with anger. "I am standing right here."

Caleb flashed the boy with a twisted grin.

"Oh, I know," he says casually. "I simply don't want you to make a fool out of us. You get what I am saying?"

Philip opened his mouth to counter Caleb's hidden retort when the telepath heads upstairs to help out Johnny.

Who the hell are they? Are they good or bad guys? These two questions plagued Philip as he watched the girls reload their firearms.

Though she was still sore from Philip's racist comment, Brooke advised him to stay calm.

The plan was simple: the children will meet up at the warehouse. They will present Philip to Roman, convince him to leave the boy and his family alone, and then the groups will walk home happy.

"Okay." Philip nods nervously. "So, what are the guns for?"

Nessa grinned, cocking her revolver. "If our ideas turn to shit, then there is always a Plan B.

Philip's anxiety increased. "Whoa," he cried out. "I am not comfortable with violence!"

"Tough shit, Philip." she shrugged.

Brooke irritably stares at her trigger happy best friend.

"Can you not scare him off, please?" she requests sternly. "He's already freaking out as it is."