love: s e v e n

this chapter contains the cliche fluffy scene of Aiden and Aru dancing. i had to find a way to tie dancing into this fan fiction :)

"Well that isn't cliche at all."

After several hours of searching, Aru and Aiden finally found their friends huddled at the side of the cave. The four Pandava sisters, unconscious, were tangled in a loose rope with their backs pressed together.

"I mean seriously," Aru said. "Has the Sharakada watched any movies? Even a fool would know this never works."

Aiden chuckled. "I don't think the Sharakada gets service out here. C'mon, we gotta get them out."

Together, after a lot of grunting and cursing, the pair managed to haul the unconscious teenage girls on their shoulders and out of the cave.

"Oh my god!" Aru aggressively rubbed and blinked the blinding light from her eyes. "The suuunnnnnnnnnn."

"Geez," Aiden shielded his vision.

Aiden plopped Brynne and Sheela against a nearby tree, encouraging Aru to do the same. She obliged, setting Mini and Nikki down right next to them.

Aru basically collapsed on top of Aiden, exhausted from carrying her two sisters. She was too tired to feel embarrassed.

Aiden blushed and wrapped his arms around her small waist. He forced her on her feet and hauled her up.

He didn't let go.

This time, Aru blushed. She didn't know what overcame her, but she wrapped her arms around his waist too. Maybe it was the deliriousness of exhaustion.

"What do you want to do now Shah?" Aiden whispered. "We kinda have to wait for them to wake up."

"I dunno."

"Wanna dance?"

Aru's narrowed her eyes. "I thought you didn't like dancing."

     Aiden shook his head. "I don't. But with y-you it could be fun."

     Aru blushed. "I don't even know how to dance."

Aiden shrugged. "Dancing isn't that hard. It's not always that complicated stuff you watch on Dancing with the Stars."

Aru sighed. "Fine."

She leaned into his touch. She didn't know what they were now. They were most definitely not friends. Friends don't romantically hold each other's hand. Friends don't intimately dance with each other. Friends don't kiss.

But she didn't want to think about it.

     The two swayed slowly. Gently. Lightly. Who knew dancing with a monster's corpse and your unconscious friends right next to you could be so romantic?

     Aru was on Cloud 9 to say the least. She was brought back to the time they spent at the plant nursery. That was embarrassing. She had "accidentally" looked at Aiden when he smoldered and saw an image of them dancing. Nothing fancy. Just the two of them rocking back and forth. She smiled.

     If Aru was on Cloud 9, then Aiden was on Cloud 10. He had liked Aru for a while now, but he never wanted to admit to himself that he had fallen in love. He didn't want to go through the pain his mom went through. Cowardly? Yes, a bit, but could you blame him?

     Ever since their quest to find the Tree of Wishes, Aiden had noticed little things about Aru he never noticed before. Like how she grew her hair out and kept it in a braid all the time. Or how nice her legs looked when she wore Nikita's yellow tights. Or how confident and radiant she looked in battle. Or that kiss . . .

Aiden sighed dreamily and smiled. He hugged Aru a little tighter.

Should I just tell her? Aiden wondered. The worst thing that could happen is rejection.

Oh but Aiden, the annoying part of his brain thought. That would be the worst. Rejection. From the girl you like.

Aiden couldn't keep it in anymore. "Sooooo, about that kiss . . ."

Aru reddened and felt her heart run a marathon. Was he going to tell her that he hated it? Was he going to tell her that it was a goodbye sort of thing and there were no feelings involved?

"I-I kinda-" Aiden stammered.

"Yes?" Aru teased as she squeezed Aiden a little tighter.

Aiden blushed. "I kinda l-liked it. A lot actually. D-do you maybe want to do it a-again?"

Aru stopped moving and looked up at him, her eyes the size of the saucers.

Aru tried to say "what?!" but all she could do was gape.

After how many years of crushing on this boy, he's the one that admits his feelings? He's the one that suggests to dance? He's the one that kissed her?

Aru let out an unattractive squeal-grunt and flushed red. Aiden nervously laughed.

"Should I be happy or concerned?" Aiden had a twinkle in his dark eyes.

"Glubgahwhaai," Aru blurted.

     Aiden grinned and kissed Aru's forehead. "You're cute, you know that? Even when you sound like a dying fish."

     Aru grumbled and blushed. "Are you trying to make me more nervous Wifey?"

     Aiden smirked. "Mayybeeee."

     Aru grabbed the side of his face and kissed his oh so soft lips.

     That ought to shut him up, Aru thought smugly.

     Indeed it did. Aiden removed one of his hands from Aru's waist and touched his lip.

     Aru laughed. She wrapped her arms around his neck. Aiden grinned.

     "Wanna go out with me Shah?" Aiden asked.

     Aru smiled. "I've been waiting forever for you to ask me that."

     Aiden and Aru smashed their lips onto each other's.

     "Well well," a familiar voice said smugly.

     Aru and Aiden jumped back. Standing next to them was Brynne, her hands on her hips and a smug smile painted on her lips.

     "What do we have here?" she smirked.

a/n ooooooooooooooo! what do y'all think of brynne though 😂 yayayayayayay they're together noowwwwwwwwwww! lol i couldn't help myself. tell me what you guys think! love y'all and stay safe

-abbizzzz ❤️