Hiking Date

"OOH! Those are pretty. Take a pic of these too," Aru pointed at the nearby cluster of lavender-colored flowers.
     A couple of days ago, Aiden had invited Aru to camp overnight at the Iris Hiking Trail. She gladly agreed. They had only been dating for a month, but Aru felt very comfortable. She knew he loved him because she was willing to give up the couch to hike with him. Only people Aru really, really loved could do that.
     Aiden snapped the picture and smiled. "Let's take a couple of us, yeah?"
     He positioned Shadowfax in selfie position. Aru noticed that Aiden had become more open to selfies when they started dating. Interesting.
     Aru pecked his cheek as the camera went off. She looked at the picture and smiled. Cute.
     Aiden kissed Aru for a brief moment and grabbed her hand. "C'mon Shah, we're almost there."
     Aru smiled in excitement and sped her walking pace. She stopped when she saw a small, secluded grassy field surrounded by trees.
     "Is this the spot?" she asked.
     "Yep," Aiden took off his backpack and began setting up the tent.
     When they finished unpacking and setting up, Aru plopped on her sleeping bag in the tent.
     "Should we sleep soon?" she asked.
     Aiden unzipped the opening of the tent and peeked outside. "Yeah, it's getting dark."
     Aiden knew Aru meant "sleep" as in sitting in bed, talking for an hour, and then going to sleep.
     He put his arm around Aru and talked. They chatted about random things: school, the Otherworld, their friends, Harry Potter—just your normal conversation.
     Aru yawned. "I'm going to sleep now, Wifey."
     Aiden kissed her forehead. "Goodnight. Love you, Aru."
     "Love you too, Aiden."
     She slid under the covers of her sleeping bag and closed her eyes.
     Aiden stared at her for a couple seconds, then crawled toward his sleeping bag. He kissed Aru's forehead one last time and slid under the covers.
     The couple drifted off into sleep, subconsciously thinking of each other.

a/n look who's back! two updates in a day baby!! anyway, have another short oneshot. also, thank you guys so much for 1k reads! that is literally insane! love you guys so much!

- abbizzz ❤️