assassins au: suyodhana's interlude

a/n hi guyssss!! so, it's going to be a double update this weekend!!! yay!! this part is really short, as it's an interlude (it was super fun to write!). i'll be uploading part eight (which will be longer) either tomorrow or on sunday. hope you enjoy this part :)

Once upon a time, there lived a man named Suyodhana. He was a good man with a trustworthy background, a handsome face, and a beautiful wife. Her name was Krithika. She was the embodiment of perfection with a kind character, silky hair, and a flawless chocolate complexion. Recently unified in marriage, they had just welcomed their first child. The child was a girl. Beautiful brown eyes and dark skin–she was the sunshine of Suyodhana's life. She was the brilliant morning star he woke up to and for every day. It was decided that the child's name would be Arundhati, and the young family was happy.

But the peace didn't last. One day, it was announced that the queen of a major kingdom was searching for a new partner. The late king had passed from a terrible illness, and the kingdom was in need of a husband to rule beside the queen. During this time, Suyodhana and Krithika were struggling to provide for each other and, more importantly, their baby daughter. Knowing the opportunity would come with an immense amount of wealth for his family, Suyodhana tried his hand at becoming king. But when his offer was rejected by the queen, Suyodhana turned bitter. He grew intent on gaining the power of royalty. He became so obsessed, it overpowered the needs of his wife and daughter, and he began neglecting them.

When Krithika discovered the reason for her husband's distantness, her heart broke. Not only had he betrayed her trust, but he also lost sight of what should have been the most important figure in his life: his daughter, his shining star. Krithika ended her marriage with Suyodhana and left, taking Arundhati with her.

Furious and distressed by his wife's sudden leave, Suyodhana fled to another kingdom. This kingdom did not have nearly the wealth of the other, but it had the potential to be grand. Suyodhana, now without a wife, lived in this kingdom for many years as a loyal civilian. However, he had not forgotten about the power of kings. His time in the kingdom was spent preparing and waiting–waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike the throne.

And strike he did. Through charm and manipulation, Suyodhana climbed and shoved his way through the government system until he sat high on the throne. He was finally a king, and it was then he decided to start a new life. He would no longer be Suyodhana. Rather, he would be known as The Sleeper.

And he would gain the power of a thousand kings. 

a/n hi again :)))))))) what'd you think of this interlude? it was pretty interesting to write :)

also, i wanted to thank you guys for 110k views!! mind. blown. KABOOM! 

you guys are the best, thank you so so so so much!! i can't express in words how excited i am and how grateful i am for you guys. thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!! you're the best :D

question: other than our queen roshani chokshi, are there any other authors who you love? for me, i really enjoy marissa meyer's work!! she wrote the lunar chronicles series and the renegades trilogy--two of my all time favs!! her writing is fantastic and her characters are SO SWOONWORTHY! i love prince kai even more than iko does, if you know what i'm talking about :)

again, thank you guys so much for reading, and i'll see you either tomorrow or sunday for part eight :DDDDDDDD  have a great day/night!!!

- abbizzzz <3