Happy Halloween!

here's the fan art i promised! (image above) more information about it will be in my riordanverse fan art book.

happy halloween y'all! here is my halloween oneshot. this is a continuation of the "All By Mah Selllf" bonus chapter by Roshani Chokshi herself. you don't have to read it to understand this oneshot, but i recommend it. you can find the bonus chapter at readriordan.com. enjoy!

     "You look great Aru," Krithika commented.
     "I can't believe I'm going back," Aru grumbled.
     It had been a year since the last Otherworld Halloween Dance Party. This year, Aru was once again being forced to attend. Aru didn't like dances, Otherworld or not. But especially this year was a no-go. Last year, Aru had gone to the dance as Winnie from Hocus Pocus. Never again.
     This year, Aru planned to go as a Hogwarts Slytherin. Not a specific character, just a Slytherin. Yeah that's right. She was going to be simple this year.
     Aru looked in the mirror. Her hair was weaved in its usual braid. Resting on her head was a green headband with silver stripes. A black robe with an ironed-on Slytherin crest hung over her small frame and swallowed her body whole. Seriously, who needed sleeves that big?
     "Do I have to go Mom?" Aru asked even though she knew it was a hopeless situation.
     Krithika sighed. "Yes Aru, you have to go. You'll have fun! Besides, Aiden will be there."
     Aru blushed. Was she that obvious?
     "What about Brynne and Mini? And Rudy?" Aru only added Rudy to not sound mean. Every time he attends a dance, he insists on starting his band "Rudy Rocks." It started as a joke, but Aru feared he was serious about it.
     "They'll be there too," Krithika said. "C'mon Aru. You have to meet Aiden."
     "Give me a sec, Mom," Aru said.
     Krithika nodded and kissed her forehead. "Have fun my daughter." She left.
     Aru exhaled and looked in the mirror once more. She looked okay. Vajra (in bracelet form) hummed in agreement.
     I can't Felix Felicis my way out of this one, can I? Aru thought. She smiled a little at her own reference.
     Aru sighed and walked out. Waiting for her was Aiden Acharya, leaning against a stop sign as he fiddled with Shadowfax. He wore a dark hoodie paired with black skinny jeans. Aiden looked up from his camera and noticed her. Aru thought his eyes lingered on her for a second longer than seemed necessary, but she must have been imagining it.
     Aiden wore an amused expression. "You look..."
     Aru was hoping he would say something along the lines of "good," "cute," and "like a goddess."
     Instead, he smirked. "Better than last year."
     "Hmph. At least I didn't wear the same thing," Aru said.
     Aiden rolled his eyes. "Let's go Shah."

     The Otherworld needed to work on their creativity. The decorations looked exactly like the ones they use last year. The moon disco ball spun and projected bright, sparkly patterns on the floors and walls. The dance floor was once again covered in ice.
     Aru and Aiden walked through the doors, making their presence known. Aiden snapped pictures of people with costume fails.
     "Hey Shah! Wifey!" a familiar female voice called.
     Aru turned and grinned. Brynne, Mini, and Rudy were smiling and waving them over to the dance floor.
     Aru rushed over to her friends, Aiden following close behind.
     "Hey guys!" Aru elbow-bumped Mini and hugged Brynne. She waved at Rudy.
     Aiden smiled at Mini, slugged Brynne's arm, and frowned at Rudy.
     "What are you wearing?" he asked.
     Aru scanned her friends' attire. Mini was dressed as a purple Crayola crayon. Cute.  Brynne was a lobster sitting in a pot of boiling water. Typical Brynne. When Aru's eyes landed on Rudy, she was nearly blinded. He was wearing a white jean jacket with white jeans and white high tops. The jean jacket had color gems embroidered in the fabric. Underneath the jacket, a red t-shirt was peeking out. To top everything off, black sunglasses rested on his head.
     Aru burst out laughing. "Oh my gosh! It's Elvis Presley!"
     The Potatoes exploded in laughter, except for Rudy. "What's wrong with my outfit?" he asked. "None of you guys look as good as me. This is part of the exclusive collection from the—"
     "We get it," Brynne clapped Rudy's back. "C'mon Elvis, let's eat stuff. I'm hungry!"
     Rudy winced slightly, but followed Brynne to the snack table. Mini trailed behind, leaving Aru and Aiden alone.
     No one said anything.
     Ugh, Aru thought. Awkward.
     Finally, Aiden cleared his throat. "So Shah, I think I owe you a dance."
     Aru silently thanked the dark room for covering her blush. "I don't want to dance."
     Aiden sighed and took her hand. "Too bad."
     Before Aru could protest, Aiden dragged her to the center of the dance floor. Aru stood still.
     At least look you're dancing, Aru thought.
     She swayed her hips and hands along to the pop music pumping through the speakers. Aiden looked at her.
     "You're not that bad," he said.
     Aru blushed and smiled. "Thanks Wifey."
     And so the night went on. Aru laughed and "danced" with Aiden. She completely forgot about her other friends.
     When it was time to leave, Aru fist bumped Aiden.
     "Thanks Aiden. That was fun," she said.
     Aiden grinned. "Anytime Shah. Anytime."

hello everyone! happy halloween! i realize now that this may be late for some of you and early for others. as long as y'all get it, it should be fine. btw, for those of you who are or did dress up, what were you? i was nico di angelo  :). also if there are a lot of errors, i apologize! it's quite late and my brain has shut off. anyway, hope you enjoyed this halloween special, and stay healthy! love you guys.

-abbizzz ❤️