soulmate au: two

"Hey Mini?" Aru held the phone closer to her ear.

"What's up?" she replied.

"Um, can you meet me at the Daily Grind cafe in, like, 10 minutes?" Aru bit her lip. "There's something I have to tell you."

"Oh?" Mini asked. "Is there something wrong?"

"Um, just meet me there," Aru said. "I'll explain everything."

"Okay," Mini frowned. "See you soon."

"See you soon."

"So, what was it you wanted to tell me?" Mini stirred her tea.

Aru took a long sip of her hot chocolate before answering. "I'm sorry," she finally said.

Mini blinked, "Um, okay. For what?"

Aru stared down at the black camera on her wrist. "I kinda-sorta-maybe got my soulmate tattoo."

Mini's eyes widened, "What? For real?"

Aru nodded, "If it's not a soulmate tattoo, I don't know what else it could be. I woke up this morning and found it on my wrist."

Mini frowned, "Wait, that's why you wanted to apologize?"

"Um, yeah."

"You don't have to apologize for those kinds of things, Aru," Mini said. "But what does your tattoo look like?"

Aru held up her wrist, "It's a camera."

Mini gasped, "Aiden Acharya! Oh my god, Aiden Acharya's your soulmate!"

"What are you saying?" Aru hissed.

"Aru," Mini began. "Just use logic! Your tattoo is a camera. He loves photography, right? He always carries his camera with him. His tattoo is a Swedish Fish, and that's your favorite candy!"

Aru snorted, "You don't even know if it's a Swedish Fish! It could just be a fish."

Mini huffed, "Trust me. It's a Swedish Fish. If Poppy says it's a Swedish Fish, then it's a Swedish Fish. She watches Aiden like a hawk. A creepy hawk."

Aru laughed, "Maybe. By the way, how have you and Rudy been?"

Mini smiled dreamily, "We've been doing great. I swear, he's the best but most annoying person in my life."

Aru feigned offense, "I thought I was the best but most annoying person in your life."

"Hmm," Mini grinned. "You are annoying."

"Aye," Aru flicked her forehead.

Mini smiled, "You know Aru—"

"Aru Shah?" A male voice called.

Aru choked on her drink. Aiden Acharya.

Well, crap.

----

Before we go on, there is something you should know about Aru and Aiden.

The first time they spoke, Aru made a grave mistake.

A grave mistake.

EIGHT MONTHS AGO