Beach Day

"Oh, it's on," Brynne said with a manic grin.
     It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon, and the Otherworld heroes were having a beach day. After a lot of complaining from Boo, they convinced him to let them take a break from training.
     Brynne and Hira had gotten in an epic water fight. To say Brynne was cheating would be an understatement. She was armed with her wind mace and created waves that swallowed Hira whole. They were both cackling like a couple of maniacs.
     "Be careful guys!" Mini called out to them.
     Aru couldn't see Brynne's face, but she could imagine her eyes rolling. "Don't worry, we got it, Doc!"
     Mini shook her head and continued to lecture Rudy on sandcastles.
     Aru looked at Nikita and Sheela. Sheela was wearing a flow blue dress, courtesy of her fashionista sister, and had managed to build a sandcastle with walls so tall, Aru imagined she could stand in it. Nikita wore a matching dress, only white, and was drawing with a stick in the sand.
     Aru's gaze drifted to Aiden, who was sitting next to her. He chose to not wear a bathing suit because he didn't want to get his camera wet. Aru had snorted at this. Instead, he wore a black t-shirt and a pair of basketball shorts. Aru tried to not stare. Really, she did, but it was hard.
     Aru forced her eyes away and looked ahead at the clear, blue water.
     Aiden tapped her shoulder. "Wanna take a selfie, Shah?"
     "What happened to Mr. I'm-an-artist-so-I-don't-do-selfies?" Aru smirked.
     Aiden blushed. "Shut up, ya troll."
     Aru laughed and positioned herself next to him. She stuck her tongue out in a funny face until she heard the satisfying CLICK of the camera.
     "Thanks," Aiden examined the photo.
     "Yep."
     "By the way, I've been, meaning to ask you . . ."
     Aru tensed. Those words never meant well for her. "Yes?" she asked warily.
     "Um, well, um—"
     "Yes?" Aru smirked, but her heart was racing. What could he be asking her?
     "Do you want to hang out here tomorrow? At the beach? Alone? Like, a date or something?"
     Aru's eyes widened. Did Aiden Acharya just ask her out?
     Aru decided to play with him a little. "What if I say no?"
     Aiden looked crestfallen. "Then, it's okay. I mean, uh—"
     Aru hugged him. "Of course I'll go with you Wifey!"
     Aiden pecked her cheek. "I look forward to it."

a/n hey y'all! super short one, but i'm trying to post two oneshots in one day. definitely not my best one, but super fun to write! anyway, stay tuned for the next one! love you guys and stay safe!

- abbizzz ❤️