soulmate au: four

"Aiden Acharya?!" Mini screamed into the phone.

Aru flinched. "God, say that a little louder, would you?"

"Oh, sorry," Mini held the phone closer to her ear. "But, still. Aiden Acharya's your dance partner?"

"I know, I can't believe it too," Aru bit her lip.

Mini frowned. "For someone who has him as their dance partner, you sound so miserable. What's wrong? Isn't this what you want?"

Aru knit her eyebrows. "I wouldn't say I'm miserable. Maybe just really nervous. Like, what if I make a fool of myself? I can't dance!"

"Don't worry, Aru," Mini was glad Aru couldn't see the smile on her face. She found this whole situation quite amusing. "How much time did Coach Greg give you guys to practice?"

"He said, like, one month I think," Aru recalled.

"See?" Mini said. "That's more than enough time to learn a couple moves."

"Ugh, I'm still worried," Aru's phone suddenly started vibrating. Unknown Caller. She frowned.

"Hello?" Mini asked. "Are you still there, Aru?"

"Oh yeah," Aru made a face. " But I'm getting another call in."

"Who's it from?"

"It says Unknown Caller."

Mini frowned. "Huh, that's weird. Don't pick up. It could be a spam call."

"I know, but what if it's important?" Aru protested.

Mini sighed. "Go ahead, but be careful!"

"Don't worry, Mini. Gimme a sec," Aru hung up on her and answered the unknown number.

"Hello?" she said.

"Is this Aru Shah?" a male voice asked on the other end.

"Um yeah. What's up?"

"I'm Aiden Acharya, your partner for the winter festival dance."

Aru froze. "How did you get my number?"

Aiden chuckled nervously. "Rudy gave it to me. He said you would be fine with it."

"God, I'm going to kill him later, that little snake," Aru mumbled. Rudy knew she liked Aiden. That idiot probably thought he was helping her somehow.

"Sorry, what was that?" Aiden asked.

"Oh, haha, don't worry about it," Aru winced at how awkward her voice sounded.

"Um okay," Aiden ran his fingers through his hair. "So, my mom has a dance studio not too far away from our school."

"Your mom dances?" Aru asked. "That's cool. Is she good?"

"I'd like to think she's pretty good," Aiden smiled. "Going back to the studio though, do you wanna head down there after school on the weekdays to practice? It's like a mile away, so we can walk."

"Trying to kill my legs before I even get to dance?" Aru grinned.

Aiden laughed. "Maybe."

"Alright, I can go," Aru played with the strings of her sweatpants. "My mom's always telling me to stop watching movies and go out anyway."

Aiden chuckled. "Sounds good. So um, see you on Monday?"

"See you on Monday. Bye."

Aru hung up and squealed. She was gonna get to hang out with Aiden Acharya almost everyday for a month! They might even become friends (hopefully something more). She dialed Mini's number.

"You were talking for a while," Mini noted. "Who called you?"

Aru blushed. "Oh, actually that was Aiden Acharya."

"WHAT?" Mini almost dropped her phone. "How did he get your number?"

"Actually, you can blame your boyfriend for that," Aru made a face. "Aiden told me Rudy gave him my number."

Mini smiled. "He did? I should thank him."

"Thank him?!" Aru exclaimed. "The only thing he did was convince Aiden that I'm the most awkward human being on this Earth."

"Well, I mean, you kinda are though," Mini snickered.

"Hey, not so fast. Who walked into a pole the first time they saw Rudy?" Aru smirked.

"I thought we agreed to never speak of that again," Mini flushed.

Aru cackled. She will always remember that day . . .

FOUR YEARS AGO

"You have everything, Mini?" Aru regripped her (very) full Costco shopping cart. When she didn't get a response, she asked again. "Mini?"

"Do you see him?" Mini asked dreamily.

"What? Who?" Aru looked around.

"That handsome guy right there," Mini pointed.

Aru looked at who she was pointing at: a teenage guy with light brown hair. He sported a denim jacket on top of a spotless white shirt and designer high tops. He couldn't have been any older than fifteen. Handsome for sure, but not Aru's type.

"Um yeah I see him," Aru scrunched her nose. "What about him?"

The guy must have noticed two girls were staring at him, because he winked at Mini. Aru glared at him.

"Ow!" Mini suddenly exclaimed.

"What?" Aru looked at her friend. She sat in front of a nearby white pole, hands clutching the sides of her head."Oh my god, what happened?"

"I walked into this pole," Mini grunted.

Aru grinned. "Did you run into it because of that guy?" she laughed. "Dang."

Mini blushed. "Shut up."

Aru laughed even harder. "Have you heard that joke, 'A woman walks into a pole?'"

Mini frowned. "Isn't it, 'A man walks into a pole?'"

"Well, not in this case," Aru smirked.

Mini rolled her eyes. "Let's just go."

PRESENT DAY

Ah good times, Aru thought with a grin.

a/n  heyo! how are you guys? im curious about something . . . what kind of music do you guys listen to? i love kpop, especially BLACKPINK and ASTRO. and no, yours truly definitely doesn't have a crush on cha eun woo. haha that would be ridiculous. also love tori kelly and justin bieber. i listen to them when im writing all the time. what about you guys?  

love you <3

-abbizzzz <3