You Look Like My Breakfast

Start from the beginning

Xavier picked me up bridal style before I could protest and walked with me to his car parked downstairs, making me open the front door and placing me in the passenger seat.

"What was that?" I asked, scowling at him as he climbed in, ready to drive to work.

"The last time I asked you to get in my car and ride to work with me, I almost had a car accident and you walked anyway," he said, and I rolled my eyes.

"I was not taking a chance this time," he stated, his fingers wrapped around the steering wheel.

"Plus, I'm way too precious to you to be lying on a pavement somewhere."

"Mhmm, you are," I said, and my head shot up at him in realization as he laughed.

"Got you good with that one, huh princess?"

We reached the office and Xavier walked with me to the coffee shop across the street, both of us getting coffee and bagels with cream cheese. The day today was going to be hectic, and we were already in work mode the moment we entered the office building.

Hours had gone by and we were finally done with the calls and paperwork, I began scheduling the meetings for tomorrow.

Xavier finished his international call and walked in, loosening his tie and looking tired.

"You okay?" I asked and he walked closer to me, pulling me into a hug and inhaling my scent, sighing in relief.

"What would I do without you?" He whispers and I smile.

"I'm so fucking glad it's the weekend tomorrow," he said and collected his things, pulling me along. He picked up my bag from my office and tugged me into the lift. We went all the way down to the parking levels and got in the car.

"We're leaving?" I asked.

"I want pizza," he pouted, and I chuckled at how cute he looked.

We reached home and both of us changed into comfortable clothes. The doorbell rang and I pulled my tank top over my shorts, walking out to answer the door.

"Hi! For uh-Xavier?" The pizza guy asked, his eyes raking over to my chest and then my legs before he shyly looked away.

"Yeah, that would be me," I said, before taking the amount required from my wallet.

"Nice name," he said, and I laughed.

"Xavier is my roommate, I'm Valentina," I replied, and he smiled brightly.

"Valentina is a beautiful name. I'm Ian," he said, and I mumbled a thank you.

"Do you uh-maybe have a number, Valentina?" he asked, sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck. 

Aww, he's asking me for my number. I was going to say, 'I'm sorry, but I can't give it to you', when a large and rather muscular bicep wrapped around my stomach and the other one grabbed the pizza box.

"Yes. Type it down. Xavier is her boyfriend, and he is never ordering pizza from the place you work in ever again," Xavier stated, his tone possessive and authoritative. The door was slammed to a close by Xavier, who practically carried and placed me on the sofa, with the pizza box on my lap, and sat beside me.

"You didn't have to be mean, Xavier," I scolded him, and he frowned.

"He wants what's mine. He's lucky I didn't break his sappy smile," he stated, taking a bite of his pizza slice.

"I'm not yours, Xavier," I say in a singsong voice.

"Yep, and Santa is real and pineapple pizza is great," he says, and I look at him in confusion.

Roommates With My BossOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara