'The what was it?'

The man sighed in exasperation and shut his eyes tightly, rubbing his temple to relieve the headache that was starting to bother him. "Is anyone else suspecting something sketchy?" Hyunwoo nodded while carefully taking the papers back, "that's why your case has not been opened yet."

Minhyuk hummed and slowly opened his eyes, checking the clock anxiously once he remembered where his son was. "Min, your kid will be okay. No one will take him away from you, not like anyone would actually want to. If they actually get him back, just know that they will not be able to stand him-"

"Hyunwoo that's enough."

-

Taking this kid touring and exploiting him would be child abuse, right?

The little demon was bloody talented, it was a shame he was so scary. Minhyuk's son was beating the xylophone like it was his, oh so hated, uncle. However, he made the notes he "played" sound actually logical in some way and Jooheon was staring at him in awe.

"Little one, you are a rockstar." The kid stopped playing and slowly turned to look at Jooheon, brows knitted and the grip on the stick tightened so much that Jooheon thought he was going to be the next xylophone.

"No no no, put that down." The kid just raised one of the eyebrows, looking like someone has just stolen his candy. "I meant it in a good way! You are doing amazing at whatever it is you're doing." Changkyun slowly put his hand down, his expression softening as the corners of his lips pulled up into a soft smile. "Amazing?"

Jooheon nodded, mirroring the kid's smile, "thank you." The child looked away shyly, he was obviously not used to compliments.

A while later, Jooheon was working on some of his college work as the kids tried to break the instruments and other just covered their ears in annoyance. He was finishing one of the papers when he felt a tiny hand pulling the leg of his pants.

It was Changkyun. "Teacher, do you know how to play that? That asshole says you can't." Jooheon blinked quickly and looked at him, "that what?" Changkyun pointed at the drums, even though Jooheon was asking for something else.

"The drums? Yeah, I think I can." The little boy then looked over at one of the older kids, "see, I told you!" The other just rolled his eyes, "if I don't see it, I don't believe it. He is useless." It was true, that Kai kid was an asshole.

But he would still need to talk to his parents about his language.

Changkyun was already clenching his fists at Kai's words, so Jooheon grabbed the little boy by the armpits and picked him up, "lunch time!!!" Changkyun whined "but I'm not hungry! I just want to beat his-"

"Everyone to the cafeteria!"

-

It was already time to pick his little angel up from daycare and he really hoped Changkyun had not blinded anyone with his charming smile and charisma... or a spoon, whichever was possible. Though he hadn't received any call from Solar or Jooheon, so everything must have gone perfectly.

Minhyuk was getting out of the car and walking into the building, when he saw Jooheon running towards him with Changkyun in his arms, both of them had messy hair, while the older of the two had panic written on his face, his baby was smiling and laughing like he never had before.

He then noticed how there were no other kids around so he frowned, feeling like an awful father, "am I late?..." the boy shook his head anxiously.

"Y-you're actually five minutes early... but, Mister Lee, I-" the boy started talking, but he was cut off abruptly by Solar who once again appeared behind him.

Did this woman spend her day staring out the window waiting for Minhyuk?

"Oh, Hyukkie! You should've seen them together, they were inseparable! Changkyun really seemed to enjoy it here." Minhyuk smiled and almost teared up from the joy of hearing such news.

It was not every day that Changkyun was this happy around someone who wasn't Minhyuk, or Kihyun for that matter, so seeing his son like this made him really emotional.

"The rest of the children are sleeping, but Changkyun was not really sleepy so if you're ready, I guess this sweetheart can go home now." The little boy smiled as Solar caressed his cheek softly, which warmed Minhyuk's heart even more. This woman never failed with children, even if she was not with him the whole day, she managed to employ the most qualified people and it made him proud.

The child didn't protest when he was being handed over to Minhyuk, who held him against his chest and kissed his head, "ready to leave, Kyun?" The kid nodded and mumbled softly, "will Mamma be there?" Minhyuk smiled at him, "I bet he will! We will both be there for when you fall asleep, okay?"

It was enough to satisfy the kid, so he thanked Solar and Jooheon for spending time with his son and went back to his car, placing Changkyun in the back before driving off to their place.

Once at home, Minhyuk couldn't stop thinking about what he had been discussing with Hyunwoo. These people were onto something and he knew it was not something good. And Minhyuk was going to get to the bottom of it.

Well, not Minhyuk specifically.

Soon, the doorbell rang and Minhyuk rushed from the living room to the door, smiling from ear to ear, trying to make the words that were about to come out of his mouth less disturbing.

After pecking the other's lips, of course.

"I need you to do something illegal for me."

╳°»。 ∾・⁙・ ღ ➵ ⁘ ➵ ღ ・⁙・∾ 。«°╳

A/N: if you're here and you haven't read my other story... WHAT ARE YOU DOINGGGG???????

Anyway, this story is near the end and I wanted to tell you not to worry because the day I finish this one, I'll publish another one!

Hoped you liked this chapter!