Chapter 17

╳°»。 ∾・⁙・ ღ ➵ ⁘ ➵ ღ ・⁙・∾ 。«°╳

Kihyun was still so confused as to why his boss was visiting him, especially with his dinner, since he always got injected at that time as well. Was he using this as an excuse to murder him? Would he inject him poison? Most likely.

"Kihyun, I know what Minhyuk is going through. I noticed that you guys were close, so you must be suffering as well." The injured man nodded slowly. "I am willing to help if you let me." Sehun said as he placed the trail on Kihyun's lap, smirking a little.

It was an evil plan, but extreme circumstances required evil measures.

The day finally came and not even Kihyun's positive affirmations or his lawyer could have prepared him for what he would have to face during court.

Minhyuk wasn't granted a second trial, nor was Changkyun allowed to take his pick. Everything they had all worked so hard for during the past weeks was in vain: KIhyun's broken ribs, Minhyuk's sleepless nights... Even Changkyun's friend Jihyo and Jooheon missed him when he left with his biological family.

"Maybe... Maybe it was for the better..." Said Hoseok as he rubbed his brother's back. What he said was somewhat positive, buthis voice expressed the opposite of his words. It was fragile and shaky as he spoke, even after he was done talking, Minhyuk could hear how his brother was trying to slow down his erratic breathing, almost as if he wanted to cry along with Minhyuk. 

"Hoseok, I had the papers... He was my son!" Minhyuk cried out once they had gotten into the car. "Yes, Minhyuk, but you know how this works. Judges have vested interests and even if Kihyun had succeeded in catching them dirty-handed you probably still would have lost." Hoseok sat at the wheel, tears clousing his vision. Changkyun and Hoseok hadn't gotten along at first, but he was still his nephew who Hoseok had grown to love and adore deeply.

Minhyuk wasn't the only one who lost.

That night, he spent the night at Kihyun's. Minhyuk really didn't want to be at home and see Changkyun's things being taken away by the government, it was all too hard.

He sat at the table, facing Kihyun's roommate Yoongi. The guy was almost as short as Kihyun, but he was quieter. "You said Kihyun's at work? He just got out of the hospital a few days ago, he should be resting." Minhyuk sighed.

If Kihyun could go to work, why couldn't he be at court supporting Minhyuk?

It was a selfish thought, Minhyuk knew that his lover needed to work and that he was not getting paid during the time he wasn't at the office, so he shouldn't be upset.

But it was Kihyun's child as well.

Meanwhile, at the Korea Times' headquarters, Kihyun was walking weirdly as he went into Sehun's office. "Okay, boss. What's the plan?" He asked as he sat down at the desk with a pained groan. His muscles were still in recovery. "This is a great story, the most beloved father lost his child to the biological parents."

Was this really what Sehun was doing? He just wanted to profit off Minhyuk's despair and Kihyun wasn't having it, so he slowly stood up, ready to walk put again.

"... Who work at the black market selling endangered birds, and want to mask it off by having a child. Brilliant criminal behavior."

Kihyun gasped and sat back down so quickly he nearly broke another rib. "They what?" Sehun laughed at Kihyun's expression, giving a brand new camera to Kihyun. "I have a few friends working there as well, but they only do harsh drugs. They know who the parents are and how they gained so much money."

Kihyun parted his lips at Sehun's confession. He wanted to scold his boss for getting involved with those people, but he just couldn't. The information was too useful to waste.

"Your job, my dear Kihyun, is to find them and take some pictures. Though you have been avoiding work, your portfolio is amazing and if you manage to do this one thing, you'll get promoted. As well as Hyungwon." Sehun said with yet another sly smirk.

Hyungwon?

The man nodded and took a sip from his coffee. "You need a good journalist to write a good article, don't you?" Sehun looked up at Kihyun who smiled and nodded sharply.

The small man walked out of the office, and to the cafeteria where he knew Hyungwon would be at. "Yoo Kihyun, shouldn't you and your broken ribs be at home resting?! How careless of you!" Hyungwon scolded Kihyun once he saw him, slamming his laptop close and setting his iced americano down on the small table, immediately helping Kihyun sit down. 

"Listen, I know why you're here, Sehun told me too. But the last time I helped you out you ended up in a hospital bed and I nearly got murdered by my boyfriend's brother." Hyungwon stated as he shook his head, cringing slightly at the memory of his friend passed out in the ambulance. "But Hyungwon, this is more than you just helping me. It's more than having Changkyun back." Kihyun almost yelled out.

Even though Kihyun adored Changkyun and hated seeing Minhyuk so upset, he didn't want to catch those bird traffickers only to have Changkyun back. Even if they all got over it, including Minhyuk and the child, he would eventually be caught up on his parents' crimes and he would be the one paying for all of it. He needed to protect that child.

Hyungwon stared at his friend for a few seconds as he read his expression. It seemed as thoughKihyun was trying to keep his cool, but it was clear that he desperately wanted this, even more than when they took pictures at the warehouse. "Fine, I'll be your getaway driver, but keep in mind that we might find unpleasant things over there and some people may recognize us."

Kihyun nodded slowly as a smile crept up his face, ending on his signature bright smile that managed to comfort everyone and scare the sun away. "What if we don't even find them?" Hyungwon asked and Kihyun scoffed. 

"Silly. We will."

-

What no one was counting on, not even his biological parents, was that Changkyun had something up his sleeve.

Whether it was conscious or unconscious didn't matter, but he always had a way to get away with things. He was mean and aggressive but default, which was both a curse than a blessing and it would be more the latter than the former in this situation. Everyone knew the kid was hell on earth when he wanted to be, Hoseok was the living proof and his father's old phone was the dead one.

He didn't like this situation, and he would get out of it dead or alive.

Though alive would be more ideal.

╳°»。 ∾・⁙・ ღ ➵ ⁘ ➵ ღ ・⁙・∾ 。«°╳

A/N: OMG HI MAMMA LOVERSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! I missed you sosososo much!

Please say goodbye to MAMMA these next weeks, because the next chapter will be the last one. I hope you'll still read my other work once I'm done with this one. MAMMA will always have a warm place in my heart because it was the story that made me gain some spotlight, so I'll try to post mini stories of this book once it's done!

Tell me what you think?

I love you, bye!