Chapter 8

╳°»。 ∾・⁙・ ღ ➵ ⁘ ➵ ღ ・⁙・∾ 。«°╳

It had been a few days since Kihyun had agreed to help the older out with his family issues and most of his time after work consisted on going to Minhyuk's and making sure Changkyun was not being difficult.

He had to admit that, ever since that day, work had become way more boring. He counted the minutes at his office until he could stop editing pictures and leave to see the giddy man and grumpy child, which had caused him to be way more distracted and getting yelled at by his boss more than usual. But he didn't care, all he could look forward to, was Minhyuk and the sweet child.

"Kihyun, are you alright? you spaced out." Hyungwon spoke up, frowning down at the the other's almost untouched food. Kihyun widened his eyes and snapped his head towards his friend, nervously fidgeting with his fingers. He was aware that the taller man had been talking to him, but he didn't listen; he was too busy thinking about Lee Minhyuk. Again.

"Huh? I'm sorry, Hyungwon I-" Kihyun was interrupted by the other chuckling, why was it that every time they talked he was always interrupted? he sighed, "were you thinking about your boyfriend and his son?" Kihyun widened his eyes, an embarrassed blush creeping up his face. He was, indeed, guilty as charged... as always.

Kihyun rolled his eyes and shook his head at his friend, although he had a massive crush on the single father, he didn't appreciate the tall man giving him hopes. Plus, Hyungwon didn't know he liked his boyfriend's brother, and he didn't need to either; it would cause more trouble to the young photographer.

The lack of words coming from Kihyun gave room for the other to keep talking, knowing he had the short male where he wanted him. "You know, Hoseok has been telling me that Minhyuk has been zoning out too, quite a lot, these days."

Kihyun choked on his own spit.

Did Minhyuk tell his brother about the Changkyun situation? Now that he recalled, he never talked about his brother when they were at the restaurant other than to state that Changkyun despised him with a fervent passion (which Kihyun already knew), but he never mentioned a reaction from his older brother to the situation.

Though Minhyuk had mentioned how seriously Hoseok took things and that he would feel like it would be his fault if Changkyun was to be taken away from the small family, so it made sense if Minhyuk didn't want to say anything until things were not critical anymore or they became so dreadful he would need extra backup.

Kihyun was coughing as though he had swallowed his own tongue, to which Hyungwon responded with a hiss and by hitting his back a little bit too hard, earning a painful groan from the petit male. "Woah, buddy. I didn't know it would affect you this much. I always bother you like this, what's up with you today?"

Kihyun face palmed internally; Hyungwon was not talking about Changkyun's case and Hoseok being related to it. Though, even if Kihyun was aware of what his friend meant, he would still get that same reaction. Not wanting to talk about it, he decided to bug him too. "Looks like you had a lot of fun last night." He laughed, acknowledging the shades the other was wearing.

The other man only groaned and slammed his head against the table. "Why weren't you there to protect me Kihyunie? Meanie Hoseok shoved the vodka down my throat!" Kihyun laughed harder. "I'm not a party guy and stop lying, I know who forced who to drink." The other slapped the small man on the shoulder which caused him to wheeze.

...

"I thought we had come to an agreement."

The day had now ended and just like every other afternoon, Kihyun was at Minhyuk's place. However, it was not smooth and fun like usual; both of the older men had been bickering with the child back and forth about him having to leave his father's side for a few hours a day and go to daycare, they had to take him the next day and Changkyun had now started assimilating it and was now grumpier than usual.