Chapter 1

╳°»。 ∾・⁙・ ღ ➵ ⁘ ➵ ღ ・⁙・∾ 。«°╳

It was six-thirty in the morning when Lee Minhyuk woke up. Well, he didn't wake up; he was woken up by his three-year-old. Well, not exactly his three-year-old; Changkyun was adopted.

Minhyuk had been waiting his whole life to finally have the age to adopt a child. He applied, but he faced a little inconvenience... He wasn't married. Did he want to be? Maybe one day. Did it matter back then? Partially. Does it matter right now? Nope.

Since he failed to meet that one requirement, the process took longer than usual, the investigators went deeper into his profile to make sure he wasn't some crazy scientist wanting to make a baby army to rule the world.

After two years of waiting, Changkyun was finally handed to Minhyuk. He was a very grumpy baby, very annoying at times, too overprotective over his plushies, and he spoke so fast that it was very hard to catch up to what he was saying. Minhyuk found this behavior very abnormal in a child, so he took it to the orphanage Changkyun was from.

Nope, nothing wrong with the child. No exposure to alcohol, drugs or abuse, wether is was physical or psychological. He was left at the orphanage at such a young age that it was impossible for him to even remember his parents... So it's safe to say Kyun is and will always be the what he is.

Nevertheless, Minhyuk loved his baby dearly and no matter Kyun's grumpiness.

Adopting Changkyun meant several things: being woken up early in the morning for no reason, glares and scowls, trouble bathing and clothing him... But most importantly, no babysitters. It was extremely hard for Minhyuk to get Changkyun to love him. A babysitter would be no different.

One day Minhyuk thought about leaving his baby with his brother Hoseok. Bad idea. When Minhyuk arrived home, he found Hoseok in fetal position in the corner of the living room, while Changkyun was still naked, watching a kids' movie. Since that day, he decided to take the toddler to the company. Minhyuk was the ceo anyway, who would tell him no?

Changkyun was a strict toddler and he woke Minhyuk up every morning five minutes before his alarm went off. He would hit him with the pillow and would pull his hair if his adoptive father was being stubborn. Like today, Minhyuk was having trouble waking up since the previous night he stayed up late working on some schedules for the interns they were going to interview that morning.

Minhyuk finally got up, grabbed his son, took him to the bathroom and started bathing him, washing his hair, rubbing clockwi- "OW!!!" No, not clockwise, anti-clockwise. Once finished he took him to the kitchen to fix him breakfast (after having trouble clothing him) and left the house.

"Are you excited for today, Kyunnie?" The older man cooed at the little one, which just grunted. Minhyuk smiled in satisfaction; Changkyun was in a good mood today.

Once at the building, Minhyuk got out of his Porsche and took Changkyun in his arms.

-

"Kyunnie, it's the third time this week and it's Tuesday!" Minhyuk picked the toddler up and placed him on his lap, trying to take off the green of the crayon from Changkyun's pants. "These clothes are expensive, they cost money don't you get it?" Of course the baby didn't get it, how could he? And it's not like he wanted to - seemed like his only mission in life was to make the older's life hard.

Changkyun, as expected, pushed his adoptive father away, groaning in annoyance.

Minhyuk set Changkyun back down, before whining and banging his head gently against his desk. "You have work to do, Minhyuk," the mentioned man, chuckled softly at the familiar voice; the voice of the person who had always been there with and for him. "Knock before you get in, Hoseok. I'm still your boss."