Chapter 15

╳°»。 ∾・⁙・ ღ ➵ ⁘ ➵ ღ ・⁙・∾ 。«°╳

This could not be true. There was no way he deserved all of this, he was a good father, a good lover, brother... this was so damn unfair.

"Kihyun and Changkyun both on the same day. My life can't get rougher can it?" Minhyuk was crying on his brother's shoulder at his apartment, letting Hoseok play with his hair while his broher weeped on his shirt.

"Minhyuk, none of them have been taken away from you..." Minhyuk looked up at Hoseok as he dried his tears, nodding slowly. "...yet." The poor man broke down again, it was all his fault. He should have never asked Kihyun to do such thing unsupervised, he should've made his son happier. "I can't believe this, Hoho..."

Hoseok nodded and kept stroking Minhyuk's hair. "We still have a week until the trial, a week to gather information against them... or say goodbye. WHICH I KNOW WE WON'T DO!!" He clarified, not wanting to stress his brother even more. "It will be okay... I'll check up on the kid, you try to sleep, mhm? It was a rough day."

Minhyuk was really thankful for his brother, always. But it was moments like these when he felt lucky for real. He was such a good man. The only thing he had done wrong in life was choosing the murderer of Hyungwon as his boyfriend.

Don't get him wrong, the blonde really had liked the taller... 'had liked' as the key sentence. 

Kihyun had nearly died under Hyungwon's supervision and he wouldn't forgive him for it. With all these thoughts in mind, Minhyuk walked into his room which had been organized by who he supposed was the young boy.

He jumped tiredly onto the soft mattress and pulled the covers over himself. He couldn't fall asleep, not when he had all this information ruining his peace by hammering his brain. Minutes that felt like hours passed and Minhyuk had shifted position more than five times in order to find the confort he knew he wouldn't have.

He sat up as he groaned in exhasperation, his eyes teary and hands cold and shaking. The poor man was destroyed and nothing fatal had happened yet... maybe he really didn't deserve to have any of those two.

Minhyuk stood up and started walking towards the kitchen and grabbed a cup of milk and shoving it into the microwave for a minute. He leaned against the counter, watching mindlessly as the numbers in the little screen started decreasing. 

The man felt stupid. Time he could be spending with his son was being wasted on watching a cup turn around countless times inside a little box. Truly pathetic.

There were only a few seconds left when his phone started vibrating in his pocket. He obviously had a ringtone but it was a habit for him to have his phone on mute. Minhyuk picked it out and placed it by his ear as he answered the call. The ID was not identified, but he never missed a call.

"Mister Lee?" The male hummed in agreement as he frowned at the unfamiliar voice. "Oh! It's him." The man heard rustling and a few groans before he heard his favorite voice in the world... or at least one of his favorites. "Min?" he heard the younger call his name out. "Ki?... how did you get a phone? Isn't it dangerous?"

When he had gone in to see Kihyun, he was told beforehand to take his jacket off as well as any accessories so as to not bring any pathogens and hurt the other even more. "Well, it is. I made a nurse friend here and allowed me to have fifteen minutes of her phone!" His voice was still pretty weak, but he seemed way more enthusiastic than when he had first gotten in. That made him relax a little.

"That's great, Ki. Are you feeling any better?" The milk was already getting cold in his hand, but he didn't care. Kihyun's reassurance would be enough to lift some weight off his shoulders and would give him more pretty things to think about before going to sleep. "Yeah, actually. Dinner was not as good as the things I cook, but it was still edible and I enjoyed it so it was alright... Oh! And they moved me to a room with a TV!"

After almost yelling his lungs off, Kihyun started coughing a little bit. But it didn't last long so Minhyukdidn't worry too much, because the male sounded a bit healthier and relaxed. "You should go to bed, love. It's pretty late already."

The two males wished each other a good night and with a sigh of relief Minhyuk chugged his milk down and walked up to check on Changkyun who was supposedly asleep. And what he saw was shocking to say the least: Changkyun was indeed sleeping... but in Hoseok's arms sucking on his thumb like his peditrician adviced not to do, but he did it anyway because he never cares about absolutely anything.

The child didn't have the red, puffy face he would have after seeing Hoseok and the latter was not bleeding, so Minhyuk just frowned and blamed it on the Illuminati.

Now that was another topic to think about tonight.

Despite it being extremely odd, Minhyuk found it adorable and with a small smile on his lips he made his way back into his room and lying down on the bed, yawning as the effects of the warm milk already kicking in.

And he slept, dreaming of his little family: Hoseok, Changkyun... and Kihyun.

...

Changkyun was already improving at making friends. This Jihyo girl, for example, was actually not scared of him, which was an improvement. She seemed impressed by anything he did and he liked the attention, so of course he was not mean to her at all.

"Wow! You're drawing's so pretty!" She exclaimed as she saw Changkyun's masterpiece: A poorly done, colored-out-of the-lines flower. But Jihyo liked it, so he felt empowered. "Thanks!" he said as he frowned softly at his flower as if something were missing. He then gasped and raised his hand, just like Jooheon taught him to do when he needed something. He was becoming such a good kid.

The art teacher came by and smiled at the children. "Yes, Changkyun?" Oh God, he was so bad at asking questions, he got so shy and ended up never asking, but this was very important. Essential, if you may. He didn't feel ready to talk to anyone in that place that wasn't Jooheon or Jihyo, so he leaned onto her friend and whispered something in her ear.

"Miss, he wants to know if you can write 'For Mamma' on the paper." What a girl. That was something Changkyun envied of her: She was such a good leader and could communicate with people easily or in Changkyun's wording: "She can talk."

The teacher nodded and chuckled, writing down with the colored pencil the kid had given her what she was asked to write. "Thank you..." Changkyun whispered as he looked down, avoiding eye contact. He then turned to his friend and spoke again. "Thank you, Jihyo." 

The girl's eyes lit up as she finally got the recognition she always wanted from Changkyun. She felt appreciated because he would always have lunch with her and even share things with her when she forgot something or she just couldn't get it. She really wanted to be friends with him in the future.

Would he still want to be friends as well?

╳°»。 ∾・⁙・ ღ ➵ ⁘ ➵ ღ ・⁙・∾ 。«°╳

A/N: A bit of a cutesy, filler chapter to spoil you guys for being patient with me. Sorry I haven't been updating for the past month, I promise I will be consistent again! I love you so so much and thank you again for everything!