PROLOGUE

╳°»。 ∾・⁙・ ღ ➵ ⁘ ➵ ღ ・⁙・∾ 。«°╳

"Minhyukkie!! Lee Minhyuk!" the woman called out to the orphan.

Minhyuk (Minmin for short) was 5 years old at the time and he was already one of the, not to say the most, difficult kid to control; he ran off often, he was way too loud (even for a kid his age) and he was way too friendly and oblivious for his own good.

The woman went searching room after room, searching for Minhyuk. "Hoseok, have you seen your brother?" the boy shook his head while sitting on his bed. Where could this cute little devil be?

He would often do this - hide from Solar during bath time to annoy her, or he could just have been feeling playful and wanted to play hide and seek with her. With him you never knew, though, and it's not like Solar complained, she loved the kid so much.

Solar searched for what seemed like hours when she finally found Minhyuk. He was alone in the main living room, and he didn't seem to have that spark he usually had. Something was clearly wrong.

"Minhyukkie? It's time for your bath." Minhyuk didn't even flinch at her voice like he would do since he was always so active and alert. "My little sunshine, what's wrong?" Solar took a seat next to Minhyuk. He shrugged.

Her heart broke at the gesture, he was always so happy; what's going on?

A few seconds later he spoke, "I miss Woowoo..." Solar suppressed a giggle and pulled the kid onto her lap.

Hyunwoo was the son of the new guy who volunteered to teach the kids how to read and write; he had been there to accompany his father since no one was at home to take care of him.

The kid was really sweet, no wonder he made a lot of friends at the place.

Minhyuk was obviously one of them.

"W-why didn't he stay?" and with that, Minhyuk started crying. "He left just like mommy and daddy..."

Lee Minhyuk and Lee Hoseok were orphans. Well, their parents were still alive as long as the orphanage was concerned, but, once they were found neglecting their children a few months ago, the Lee boys were put up for adoption.

"Woowoo had to leave for the night. But he will for sure come back tomorrow!" The little boy tilted his head as his crying faded "Where did he go?" asked Minhyuk.

Solar contained a smirk. "It's a secret," She said, faking nonchalance. Minhyuk was upset - but he still needed to take a bath.

The little boy pouted and whined childishly. "And in order for me to tell you, you have to come with me and get ready for bed." Minhyuk puffed his cheeks and nodded hesitantly.

After the sweet Minhyuk was already clean and dressed, Solar tucked him under the covers on his bed in his shared room with 9 other boys, including his brother.

"You promised..." that came out as almost a whisper. Solar was too tired to tell stories at the moment but, what Minmin wants, Minmin gets, that was their dynamic, and Minhyuk was such a good boy that it was nearly impossible to deny him anything.

Solar looked around and checked that everyone else was sleeping before lowering her voice as she leaned over so that Minhyuk could hear her. "Woowoo went with his father to save the world!"

Minhyuk's eyes sparkled. She took this as the cue to continue.

"Mr. Sohn is actually a superhero! He goes all over town and saves kids like you an your brother." Which wasn't entirely a lie. Hyunwoo's father was a preschool teacher and, to Solar, education was the world's salvation. "And Woowoo is starting to learn how to be a superhero too!"

Minhyuk giggled and shook his head. "Solie! you can't learn how to be a hero! superheroes are born that way."

Solar took a hand to her heart, faking offense. "Of course not! Superheroes are made! Even you can be one of them; saving vulnerable children all around the world; you just have to train hard enough."

Minhyuk then knew.
He was going to be a hero.
He was going to save kids all around the world.

╳°»。 ∾・⁙・ ღ ➵ ⁘ ➵ ღ ・⁙・∾ 。«°╳

A/N: As you can already tell, this ff will be very cheesy. It's my first one so, TAKE IT EASY ON ME PLEASE!

Constructive criticism is accepted gladly and if you have more fic ideas I'm more than happy to hear them.

So yeah, ready for some cute Kihyuk? cause I am!