Chapter 10

╳°»。 ∾・⁙・ ღ ➵ ⁘ ➵ ღ ・⁙・∾ 。«°╳

Finally, Jooheon's favorite part of the day: Music class.

Right after the traumatic experience with Minhyuk's demon child, all the kids had to go to the music room and be the loud creatures they were. Kids smashing the grand-piano in the room, some others tried to break the little bongos with the drumsticks... it was just beautiful.

As expected, this space of the day was ran by Jooheon who volunteered to unleash these kids' inner rockstars. It was also the time of the day where more of his co-workers had their shifts, so he never felt alone. Of course, Solar was there, but she was his boss and he was taught to never be close friends with someone who has power over you.

The dimpled man was guiding all the kids towards the room, when he felt a pair of small arms wrapping around his leg, and, suddenly, a weight keeping him from walking properly.

The feeling was not new, so he just stopped walking and bowed his head down to look at the familiar little girl clinging onto his leg. "What's wrong, Heejin?" Everyone else knew the drill so they continued on to the classroom just like Jooheon had told them to do if the situation ever repeated.

The girl was really young and she was relatively new to the daycare, which explained why she was always upset at this time of the day, in addition to that, her parents worked until late, so she was always the last one to be picked up. "I'm cold... wanna go home..." as usual, the girl teared up.

Jooheon sighed quietly and sat down in front of Heejin, holding his hands out to hold the little girl's. "Where did you leave your sweater?" The girl didn't even look at him. She hadn't brought anything with her and neither had Jooheon. "Heejin, I tell you every time... you need to start listening to me..."

He tried to keep his tone low because he knew she was already hurt and he didn't want to alarm the other children inside the music room. He thought they were alone until a small, puffy jacket was dropped to Heejin's feet, a very low, fast and angry voice followed. "Bring yours next time."

Jooheon snapped his head up to meet a pair of dark eyes, that shot away once they were making eye contact, "thank you, Changkyun."

The boy just nodded and walked to the music room where the rest of his mates were.

Maybe he was only against Jooheon, after all.

-

"What did you want to show me?"

Minhyuk was sitting on his desk and Hyunwoo was sitting right in front of him with a binder that the blond assumed was vital information. "Hyuk, something just doesn't add up," the muscular man opened the binder and handed the documents over to Minhyuk, who frowned as he read them, "are you allowed to show this to me?"

The papers contained information Changkyun's biological family had summited to the adoption center. It didn't seem right, but he understood why Hyunwoo was showing this to him.

"It's impossible, I hate to be this person, but how come are they able to afford a place in that neighborhood?" Hyunwoo was right. There was no way these people could afford a place like Minhyuk's, given that they had such low-payed jobs. "The apartments there are extremely expensive and I don't think a hairdresser and a waiter would be able to afford one."

Minhyuk frowned and nodded, it was indeed very shady and nothing he thought of made sense. Could they have saved so much during this short period of time? No, it was Impossible. Were they that good that they were payed almost Minhyuk's wage? No, added value didn't work like that.