A New Day

[Marx POV]

I finished telling the story on how everything happened and I didn't even know that I began to tear up. Teardrops were coming from my eyes and as I looked through the tears. I saw that Rem had also began to cry as well.

Marx: I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry.

*I wipe the tears from my eyes*

Rem: It's okay *sniff*  I think it was very wrong what happened to you. And I don't think you deserved any of it.

Marx: Thanks, I appreciate that. Here wipe let me wipe those tears.

I pulled out a little handkerchief from my right chest pocket and wiped her face gently to dry the tears.

Rem: Thank you.

It was then that the sound of the pot that had the stew in it started to boil. That meant it was ready and time to finally dig into. I stood up and grabbed two bowls filling both of them up with some of the stew. I placed them down on the table and pulled out the chair for Rem to sit down in.

Rem: It looks very delicious.

Marx: I hoped so. Well go on try it and tell me what you think. Let's see if being stuck as a statue did anything to my cooking skills.

She giggled at that and went to try the stew. It was hot so we had to blow on it a bit before trying or else we might have burned our lips. Couple of blows and then we both tried it. To my surprise it actually turned out great, not to toot my own horn but this was pretty good for a guy who hasn't been around for about more than a hundred years.

Rem: Wow, this is really good!

Marx: Whatd I tell you. Not bad eh?

Rem: Not bad at all, more like delicious.

She happily kept eating and it made me smile to see her like that. I ate as well and we both enjoyed every bite until we finished. After that she sighed and laid back in the chair looking up satisfied.

Marx: Well I guess that means there's no room for seconds. Let me clean this up.

Rem: Thank you, this was very nice of you to do.

I got out bowls and placed them next to the counter in the kitchen. As I went there I looked out the window and it was already dark. I'd say it was about eight o'clock and the sky was dark and being lightened up by the moon.

Marx: Well I guess time went by pretty fast. I'm going to have to get Suba-

Just as I was about to say that, Subaru came in through the door with a happy smile on his face.

Marx: Subaru. I was actually just about to call you.

Subaru: Well I'm here and I have some awesome news I just had to tell you.

Marx: Okay well what is it?

Subaru: Emilia completed the second and third trials today!