Untrustworthy

[Marx POV]
After a year I was now 17 and Valerie I believe was a year older than me. We spent almost everyday practicing and spending time going around the kingdom and our village.

On this particular day however, our village was under attack by a bunch of mabeasts. I was first on the scene and began to take them out protecting the people. Later on Valerie also joined in with more people to help fight them off. Eventually we managed to kill all of them and the village was once again safe. I was curious to why or how that many mabeasts decided to attack this village. It could have just been a small chance they just wanted to all attack here, but I was fairly certain someone was behind this. Everyone else wasn't worried at all about it, even Valerie didn't seem to be curious about it. I wanted to investigate so I found the tracks that they left behind and began to follow its origin.

Valerie: Hey Marx where are you going?

Marx: Oh don't worry I'm just going to examine something. You should stay here just in case anything happens okay.

Valerie: Okay just please be safe.

She smiled and went back with the other villagers. I continued to make my way on following the footprints. They went out pretty far and it wasn't just one. It was multiple footprints which I guess were all the mabeasts going in a group. As I was examining them however, I came across footprints that weren't an animals. It looked like.... a persons footprints. I grew more and more on edge as I saw the trail leading into a cave. It was very far from the village and what my guess is, is that someone was gathering mabeasts to attack us. I drew out the hook swords that Valerie gave me and proceeded to head inside the dark cave. There was a dim light that emitted deep into the cave as I went on. It appeared as though someone had been living there. Then I heard scurrying from behind and to my left. I instinctively turned around and was ready to fight. It wasn't until whatever was making the noise came out into the light. It was a female, she had ragged clothes and seemed to be new to this place as she had a scared expression on her face.

Marx: You, what are you doing here?

???: I-I Uhm ..... I d-don't know.

Marx: Were you the one who gathered all of the mabeasts?

???: Y-yes I d-did, but I n-never intended to hurt anyone.

Marx: Then what were you trying to do.

???: N-nothing, I was just trying to make friends with the mabeasts since I had the ability. But then I guess I got angry a bit and it caused them to react like that.

She was so innocent, her voice was light and it sounded scared. How long had she been living here or rather, did she even live here? It seemed like all of this was just recently moved here, but I guess she has probably been moving from place to place.

Marx: Do you have a name?

???: m-my name? I uh think I'm c-called Deirdre.

Marx: Well Deirdre. *i put my swords away and kneel down to her* If you want I can take you to my home village. There you can be safe and I can even be your friend.

Deirdre: Y-you will?

I nodded to her smiling as I put my hand in front of her. She slowly reaches for my hand until she grabs it and I pull her up along with me. She had a smile on her face that made me feel happy. We both made our way out the cave and walked all the way back to the village. When we arrived I introduced her to everyone and they were all happy to see a new face. Then I introduced her to Valeria.

Marx: Val, I'd like you to meet Deirdre.

Valerie: Oh uh hi, Marx is it all right if I can say something really quick with just you?