A Close Connection

[Subarus POV]
I couldn't believe my eyes, I quickly rubbed them both and even pinched myself on the cheek to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Sure enough it was really her, I couldn't help myself so I rushed to her and gave her a big hug while she was still sitting in bed.

Subaru: I can't believe your actually back. I thought I was never going to be able to speak to you again.

There was a silence as I finished my sentence, but she wasn't returning the hug.

Rem: Uhh sir..... I t-think you might have me confused with someone else.

A look of shock came to my face as she said that. I stopped the hug and held her in front of me so she could look at me.

Subaru: I-it's me Subaru, cmon stop messing around.

Rem: I'm sorry but I don't know anyone by that name, or anyone really.

No, this is how things were supposed to be. She doesn't remember anything and she doesn't even remember the people she cared about. What was I supposed to do in this situation. As I was in thought I heard the door open to the room and there stood Ram.

Ram: I knew it, she's back.

Subaru: Wait, are you saying you remember her now?

Ram: Yes, I can't believe how I could've forgotten about my little sister.

She walked up to her and also gave her a hug, but that happy moment was short lived as Rem didn't know her.

Rem: Do I know who you are?

The same look of shock appeared on Ram as she let go of her.

Ram: Rem it's me, Ram. Your sister.

Rem: I have a sister?

Ram started to back up as she was hit with the sudden realization that her sister had completely forgotten about her. She pulled me to her so I faced her and she didn't look happy.

Ram: What happened to her? What did you do?!

Subaru: N-nothing, this is what happened when she went up against the witch archbishops.

Ram: No this can't be, your telling me she doesn't remember anything.

Subaru: That's more or less what's happening here. But we have to calm down and think about to do, there has to be a way to at least help her remember right?

She let go of me and went back to Rem still on the bed looking confused.

Ram: Rem do you remember anything? Do you know who you are?

Rem: I uh... don't know. I do know that my name is Rem, but I don't remember anything else.

Ram turned back to look at me

Ram: Subaru can you give us a moment?

I nodded to her and went out of the room closing it behind me. I didn't know what she was going to do, but I hope it would at least work. Then I remembered that I had to go back the trial. I had to wait for Emilia and I couldn't risk not being there for her, especially now. I went to leave the house in hope that Ram could help Rem out in recovering her memories and bring her back.