Chapter 13 - The Alliance of the Three

They were patrolling the three kingdoms for about a week now. Cirillo, Pádráig, Áedh, and Ivelle spent most of their time in Lorlea. They spent long hours debating the possibilities of going to the Dark Kingdom. The problem was, that they couldn't send too many people in, and it would be very dangerous to go in with a small team. If what they think is right, and someone is trying to follow Erebos, they would be in great danger, not to mention the sharp cliffs they had to go through. So for a week they just argued and sat in a room, full of maps and books. But this day was different: It seemed, that they had found a solution to their problems. Cirillo and Áedh sent messengers to their kings, asking for their consent.

Ivelle was walking in the gardens with Daven, who had come with her to Lorlea. He was still quiet, but he would talk and laugh more than before. Ivelle tried to do everything to help him with his grief and fear. As they were walking they saw a girl kneeling on the ground between the bushes. Ivelle immediately recognized Naida, the new friend of Daven. She was around 12 and had big blue eyes and blonde hair. The boy recognized her too and ran to her.

"Hi Naida," he said with a cheerful tone.

"Hi Daven." she looked at Ivelle "Lady Ivelle." she nodded her head towards Ivelle.

"Hi Naida." she smiled "Are you doing magic?"

"Yes. Do you want to see it?" she asked with a bright smile. Daven nodded.

"Sure." said Ivelle and kneeled next to the girl. Naida placed her hands above the ground, closed her eyes, and concentrated. After a few seconds, golden sparks appeared around her hand and a small plant started to grow from the ground. It grew and grew and became a beautiful flower. After she finished she looked up at them with a proud smile. "Wow, you're indeed talented." smiled Ivelle "Great job!"

"Great job Naida." said Daven.

"Thank you." she smiled.

"I see, someone's doing magic." Naida quickly wheeled around and bowed.

"Lady Merle." she said quickly "I was just practicing for my exams."

"Naida," began Merle with a kind smile "It's summer and you have nearly a year until your exams. Go have fun, play with the others."

"But..."

"Go. And take Daven too."

"Yes, Lady Ivelle." she bowed again and motioned Daven to follow her. He looked at Ivelle uncertainly.

"Off you go!" said Ivelle with a smile. Daven ran after Naida.

"Poor little girl, she works so hard to achieve her goals." said Merle looking after the two.

"Like everyone here."

"No, she works harder than anyone in her age." she sighed "She's half-human, half-nymph, and therefore she wants to prove very badly."

"What do you mean?"

"There are still some people who don't like half-bloods. Others think that it's still dangerous being one. And most of them think that being friends or acquaintances with them is dangerous too."

"That's horrible!" said Ivelle. She was astonished.

"Yes it is." said Merle "You know, there are many half-bloods here. Even if they don't have magic their parents bring them here, because they know that they'll be safe here. If Erebos is back, or someone like him, we can be sure that Lorlea will be one of the first places they'll attack. And then...the half-bloods won't be safe anymore." she looked into the distance worryingly.

"I'm sure that Cirillo and the others won't let that happen."

"Ryuu send it may be so!" she said. They walked in complete silence for a few seconds."By the way, I talked to the elders, and we agreed that Daven should stay here. There's high potential in him towards magic. He could be one of the greatest sorcerers in history one day."

Ivelle walked quietly for a while. She had gotten to like that kid.

"I'll talk to him." she said finally.

"That's all I ask." Merle looked at the sky "I should go. It's nearly noon, and I have to help the council." and with that, she left.

It took a week for the messengers to return to Lorlea. Every King agreed that what they heard is their best option, so now they were standing in the room again, a huge map was laid out on the table and they all were poring over it.

"So, "began Cirillo "the plan is easy. We're going to approach Nendawin from Drauri. There's a path on the mountain from the borders of Drauri, until the Gate of the Dead, which is less dangerous." he showed the way on the map "But, we'll only go until this pass. Here we're going to turn North and follow the Hidden Path, which hopefully, will lead us to Donovian, the Dark city."

"Of course it won't be easy." Áedh took the word "The Hidden Path is not that hidden anymore. Dark creatures live there, but we hope that there won't be guards. And of course, if we fail, they'll find the path leading to Drauri. And we don't want that."

"Only three of us will go. The best three." said Cirillo.

"And who are they?" asked Ivelle.

"Cirillo, Merle and Me." said Áedh.

"No." Ivelle disagreed.

"No?" asked Cirillo surprisingly.

"No. I want to go too."

"No. You can't."

"Because you'd be in danger."

"Like all of you."

"She has a point Cirillo." said Áedh. "And if what you've said is true and she can see the future... Maybe she'll be useful."

"Fine." he said angrily "But don't get into trouble. And do what I say."

"Okay." she said with a smile.

"So it's settled." said Áedh "Brace yourselves. A long and tiring journey awaits us. We leave tomorrow morning." With that everyone left the room. Cirillo was one of the first ones who left. He looked angry. Up to a point, Ivelle could understand him, but she had enough of being treated like a child.

She followed Cirillo to the garden where he was talking to Hagan. As soon as the younger prince saw her he left. Cirillo looked at the sky. It was already dark and the first stars had appeared in the sky.

"Cirillo..." she started on an uncertain voice.

"Why are you doing this?" he asked with a blaming voice.

"Doing what?"

"Risking your life all the time."

"I'm not...I'm not risking my life." her voice was shaking.

"No?" Cirillo's voice was filled with anger "Then could you explain me what does running into a dark forest or volunteer on a possibly deadly mission means to you?"

"I'm just trying to help!"

"You're not helping." he was nearly shouting "You're just setting me back because all I'm doing is looking after you."

"I didn't ask you to do that."

"You didn't have to." he lowered his voice "Please, I'm begging you, don't come."

Ivelle turned away and walked back to her quarters. Again he was acting like she was a child. She'll go on that mission, no matter what. No one can underestimate her. No one.