Part 8 ~ The dream

Ivelle found herself in the library, holding an old book with foxed papers. "The history of the Sanctuary" she read the cover. Sanctuary was the name of this world. The librarian Illeron gave her this book, when she told him that she wanted to learn more about their history. It was written by an elf, named Baradhyl. He was the oldest elf (he was around 6000 years old).According to Illeron this is the most accurate and authentic history book in the whole Sancturay. And indeed, she learned a lot. For example that there were six kingdoms and a city-state. She had already knew about two: Abonwan and Etalia. The othet four were Drauri, Gwolla, Etealind and Nendawin. Drauri was the home of the dragons, Gwolla was the kingdom of the dwarves, the fairies lived in Etealind and Nendawin... well it was a very dark place. The dark elves and their king lived there with their allies. Although many said that the Dark King was dead, there were rumors that he was still alive and waiting for the right time to attack the other kingdoms. The city-state was called Lorlea, and it was the home of the sorcerers and sorcresses. They went there from the three kingdoms (Etalia, Abonwan and Drauri) lived and studied there. The other creatures like the centaurs, the goblins or the nymphs lived mostly in Abonwan with the humans. Ivelle found the book amazing.

"I see, you found the library. " Ivelle turned around to see Cirillo standing behind her.

"Yes. I wanted to know more about your history and culture. "

"Really? "

"Yeah, after all, I'll live here too... "

"So, you'll stay? " his voice was cheerful and a smile appeared on his face.

"Yes. "

"That's great, but I hope you know that it won't be easy... I mean, you'll have to learn a lot. "

" I thought... " she took a minute to think "But, I'd like to stay. "

"Great. Then, meet me tomorrow morning, I will introduce you to your tutor. "

" My tutor? " she raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, your tutor. You can't learn everything by yourself... On a second thought, you could, but it would be harder... "

" Okay, then tomorrow " she smiled.

"Tomorrow." Cirillo smiled and wawed her goodbye.

Ivelle was left alone in the library. She looked out the window: it was already dark outside. "I guess I should go back to my room. " she closed the book and put it back to its place. The library was empty, and silent.

"You can keep the book if you would like to. " she winced and turned around " Sorry I didn't meant to scare you. "

"Illeron. No problem, I was just deep in thoughts, and didn't hear you coming. "

"Well, that is not surprising. Elves can walk very silent." He smiled "As I've just said you can take the book. Just be sure to bring it back after you finish it. "

"Okay, thank you. "

"Your welcome. " he bowed and disappeared into the library. Ivelle took the book off the shelf and went back to her room... although she got lost... twice... but at last she found her room. She had a bath and went to sleep. She was really looking forward to the next day. She fell asleep, and for the first time after months she had a good sleep.

She met Cirillo in the curtyard. Next to Cirillo stood a high, brown haired elf. His skin was darker than Cirillo's Ivelle could tell that he was working on the sun.

"So, Ivelle. This is Pádraig. Your tutor."

"Nice to meet you. I heard a lot about you. "

"All good, I hope. " she smiled.