12

"I'm a hot mess, Dani." Sumalampak ng upo si Anais at tumitig sa kisame. It's been a week since her breakdown and somewhat confession about being in love with Kai. She's currently in my office bugging me about it dahil last week pagkagising ko, di ko na siya naabutan sa kwarto. Umalis daw ng maaga sabi ni Nay Fellie. She definitely has a lot of explaining to do. 

"Buti alam mo", I told her while fixing my stuff on the table. 

"Wow, harsh." She looked at me with a sarcastic look. 

"You're the harsh one." I took a bite of the apple I prepared before lecturing her. "I can't believe you used Zeke to get over the fact that you're falling for Kai. Kawawa naman yung tao."

"But he said he was okay with it", she reasoned out. 

"Maybe he's okay because you asked him. It's okay for him to get hurt because he likes you." Napatahimik siya sa sinabi ko. I opened my sketchpad not minding her presence. She was just looking at me while pouting. "You didn't even tell Kai about what you feel tapos andito kang nagrereklamo dahil nakita mo siyang may kalandian? Need ba niyang mag adjust para sayo?" I talked not even looking at her while sketching designs. 

"You really are my best friend." She gave me an annoyed smile and stood up from her seat. "I'll get going now", paalam niya.

"Anais, just a little piece of advice. End things with Zeke. You're only hurting each other. And if you really want Kai then tell him before it's too late."

"I'll think about it." She opened the door and went out. Pumasok naman si Zara pagkatapos.

"Miss Chanel, tinawag niyo po ako?", she asked. 

"Yes, Zara. Have a seat." She sat in front of my desk where Anais was at earlier.

"So, it's been a week and I decided to finally hire you as an official employee under the design team. Welcome to House of Suarez, Zara." I handed her the contract and I was surprised when she leaped from her seat.

"Oh my gosh, Miss Chanel. Thank you so much. You just made me the happiest person today!", she exclaimed.

"You're welcome, Zara. And please, stop with the formalities. You can call me Dani."

Nagulat kaming dalawa nang pumasok si Dee sa opisina ko out of nowhere. 

"Nice to see you two ladies working together", he said while sitting down in front of Zara.

"Yes, bub. I actually just gave her the contract. She's officially part of House of Suarez starting today."

"Yes naman, Zara! Palibre ka naman diyan", kantyaw sa kaniya ni Dee. 

"Not today, Dee. Sa first sweldo nalang." I heard her chuckle. "Anyways, I'll go back to my desk. You guys are going out today, right?"