23

"Hmm, this one? Too plain. Oh, look at this! Nah, it's too revealing." Zara rummaged into the clothes in my walk-in-closet as she looked for a gown for me to wear tonight. Anais left for France a week ago to visit her mom. She was supposed to attend a charity gala event so she asked me to be her proxy. 

Zara got a bunch of my gowns and laid it on top of the blush pink ottoman chair in the middle of my closet. 

"Ok, try this first one, ate!" She handed me over a white A-line dress with embroidered flowers and spaghetti straps. I took a glance at it. 

"Magmumukha naman akong bride sa ganito," usal ko. Her shoulders dropped at my remark.

"Then why do you have a white gown in your closet kung di mo naman sinusuot?" tanong niya sa akin. 

I looked at it fondly. "This is a special dress because I made it in college. Grabe ang puyat ko sa gown na ito. I made this for less than two days because the first dress that I was originally supposed to present got ruined when a stray cat went inside our house in the middle of the night and scratched the entirety of it." I frowned at that thought. 

"Oh, so that's why it looks crappy," sambit ni Zara. I gave her a glare and scoffed at her. "Ikaw kaya ang gumawa ng gown nang mag-isa for two days. Ewan ko nalang kung maganda kakalabasan. Buti nga nilagyan ko pa ito ng kaunting beading eh," sabi ko sa kaniya. 

She raised her hands up. "Sorry na. Ito naman, joke lang kasi yun. Kulang na kulang ka na talaga sa dilig. Halata sa pananalita mo, ate. Lagi ka nalang pikon. Di ka naka-score kay Dee nung kailan noh?" kantyaw niya sa akin. 

"Hindi at wala akong balak kasi alam kong may girlfriend siya." I sat down on the chair and started curling my hair using the curling iron I plugged in a while ago. "Pero alam mo, naguguluhan ako sa kaniya. Did you see his post? Yung moon painting merong C.D.S na nakalagay sa lower right. And the caption. Did you read it? It felt like it was meant for me. Also, sabi ni Nay Fellie, pumunta siya dito nung gabing nag-clubbing tayo." 

"Nako, ate ah. I'm not saying assumera ka pero parang ganun na nga," usal ni Zara. Napabuntong-hininga ako. 

"Baka nagawa niya lang yun dahil may problema siya sa girlfriend niya ngayon. I saw her kissing another guy," I confessed. 

"Woah, really? What a bitch. Lolokohin pa niya ang isang Dior Saavedra? Ganda siya?" ma-attitude niyang sabi. She got the other dress she picked which was a maroon fitted gown with a high slit and low V neckline. 

"Zara, masquerade themed event ang pupuntahan ko hindi strip club. Tsaka ibagay mo naman dito sa color ng mask na susuotin ko." She went back to the stack of gowns and gave me another one to try on. 

"Eto, ate. Ok na? I saw this in one of the boxes on the side." She gave me a light blue ball gown embellished with lace flowers and Swarovski crystals. 

"Ok, perfect! Just put it there first." I saw her put the gown on my mannequin and began ironing the insides of it with a steam iron. I continued doing my makeup which was just simple because it'll be hidden under the mask I'll be wearing so there is no point in doing heavy makeup.