06

Monday nanaman at andito na ako sa atelier. Today's a busy day because House of Suarez opened its doors for new designer interns. The dean from Benilde contacted me the other day and asked if I could accommodate some of their 4th year BA Fashion Design and Merchandising students for an internship in my atelier. I immediately approved because  of course, it was my alma mater and this will be another milestone for our brand. And who knows? Baka gusto rin magtrabaho ng mga interns dito after they graduate. Since House of Suarez's reach has been expanding, I decided I will create my own design team to lessen my work load and to help me curate new eye-catching pieces. 

"Ma'am, andito na po yung mga interns"

"Ok, Faye. I'll be out in a minute"

I looked at myself in the mirror. My outfit today is a white long sleeve polo. I pulled both sides of the collar down to show my shoulders. I tucked the front part of the polo underneath my denim jeans and fixed my Gucci belt. I also got my nude Valentino heels under the table and wore it. Usually, pag nasa office lang ako ay tinatanggal ko ang aking sapatos para hindi naman ma torture paa ko. I quickly fixed my hair and went out. 

Pagkarating ko sa lobby, there were five familiar faces in front of me. These were my juniors back when I was still in Benilde. 

"Good morning and welcome guys", I greeted them with a warm smile. 

Faye handed me a folder containing the interns' individual profile. I quickly browsed the papers and checked their attendance. 

"Ok so I know you are all aware why you are here today. House of Suarez will be your home for the next two weeks and we will help you become a better designer so that, when you work in the future, you can apply the skills that will lead you to success. With that, I will be assessing you individually since I was told so by the school but there's no need to be nervous", I said, warmly. 

I toured them around the atelier and showed them to their desks. I also oriented them about the rules here. For the whole two weeks, they will be assisting in making some of our clients' made to order gowns. 

I went back to my office to answer client inquiries on my email when my phone suddenly kept on buzzing. Baka ginugulo lang ako ni Anais. I didn't mind checking my phone until it was time for lunch. Pagkatingin ko sa phone ko, nagulat ako nang sobrang daming notifications ang tumambad sa akin. 

@diorlouis sent you a photo.

@diorlouis: hii :)) I hope you have a great day