17 Part I

Dee's POV

["Bro, are you going to Anais' party later?"] I sipped my coffee and sat on my chair before answering Zeke. 

"I'm not really sure. Alam mo naman, busy sa work. I'm trying really hard to impress papa", I said. 

I graduated as cum laude. I could say that my whole college life was normal. I still go to parties and drink with my friends during weekends. I get to focus on my studies when I need to. I don't know. I think I just got used to it. Ever since my dad told me that he'll give his company to me in due time, I started pushing myself to strive harder. I got motivated because I wanted him to see my efforts. I wanted him to know that I am worthy enough to take over what he has built. 

["Come on, pare. It's Saturday today. Tsaka, half day ka lang sa work ngayon ah. Walang mawawala sayo."]

"Bro, you just want me to go as a wingman for you and Anais", I scoffed. 

["Hey, I'm also doing you a favor. You might meet a potential someone there. Akala mo ba sarili ko lang ang iniisip ko?"] 

"You and your excuses, Zeke." I sighed. "I'll think about it." 

["May utang ka pa sa akin, pare ah. You didn't go to my game last time."] paalala niya sa akin. 

"Oo na nga", asar kong sabi sa kaniya. I looked up and saw my co-worker Ralph mouthing something to me from afar. "Sige na bro, I have to go." 

I ended the call and looked at Ralph who went near me. 

"Wala ka nang ginagawa, Dee?", tanong niya sa akin. I nodded at him. "Di ka ba kakain? Sabay ka na sa amin", pag-aaya niya.

"Di na, Ralph. May pupuntahan pa ako eh but thanks for the invite." 

"O sige. Alis na kami ah. Bye." He got his things from his desk and left with our other co-workers. 

I work as a normal employee here at my dad's company. Walang special treatment kahit alam nang halos lahat ng nagtatrabaho dito na isa akong Saavedra. Even so, I thought that they'd treat me differently. Akala ko iiwasan nila ako because they'd find me intimidating, but no. They were so friendly to me. Ilang months palang ako dito pero nagkaroon na ako ng mga kaibigan tulad ni Ralph. 

I decided to check my phone for a while before leaving the office. I opened my IG and looked at my friends' stories. Ang pinakainaabangan ko talaga ay ang mga stories ni Anais. Probably because that's the only way I could look at my crush's face. 

There's this girl that's always in her stories. I don't know her name because Anais never tags her. She caught my attention because Anais posted a video of her playing the piano. But lately, I haven't seen Anais post a photo with her. I wonder what happened. 

After a few minutes, I decided to go to Greenbelt to buy a gift for Anais. I might as well come to the party. Baka makita ko pa siya dun. I never really bothered Anais about her because I was too shy to ask.