t w e n t y o n e

𝑶𝒎𝒏𝒊𝒔𝒄𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒕

Peyton's eyes widened as Oscar's words sunk in

"What?" She squeaked, forgetting to stay silent.

"What's going on?" The door swung partially open, Katlyn's hand protruding from the door.

"Kat?" Oscar said, confused 

"I am not letting you see me right now as it is not appropriate" Her friend held up her hand "Talk to the hand"

Oscar ignored Peyton making 'cut it out' motions under her chin.

"Chris is missing" Oscar's statement was followed by momentary silence.

"WHAT?!" Peyton smacked her head with her palm as Katlyn opened the door, her dress hidden by a long.....curtain? 

Her hair was masked by a hat.

"Dont worry, thats not my wedding dress" Katlyn said to Oscar who looked confused at her attire.

"Anyway" Peyton said, breaking the lovebirds' staring contest "We need to find him. He's best man"

"You check your room, I'll check a place we went to last week" Oscar says

"And me?"

"You" Oscar eyed his fiancee's lemon-yellow curtain 'dress'  "stay indoors" 

As Oscar walked away, Katlyn winked at Peyton

"Go get your man"

Peyton did find Christopher.

In the balcony of her...their room.

"Hey" She said, coming up next to him.

He didn't respond.

"Where have you been?" She tried again and he scoffed.

"What, bored of fucking your ex?" Peyton blinked at the hostile tone he used.

"My-" An image popped into her mind.

"You saw Darius kiss me, didn't you?"

Christopher biting his lip was just the confirmation she needed.

"And you've been avoiding me because..." She mused.

Christopher continued to study her.

"......you thought I'm like my mother" Peyton finished and it felt like someone had shot her.

Her eyes filled with tears.

She turned away. He would not see her cry.

"This was a mistake" She walked away from him.

She should've guarded her heart. It was too late.

She took her suitcase, stuffing whatever was nearby in it and took off from the room.

She bumped into someone but she didn't care. Tears were streaming down her cheeks.

"Peyt- Oh, baby" It was her mother.

"What's wrong, hun?" Laura asked her gently

"I should be asking you that" 

Peyton was done. Done holding back. She didn't give a fuck about who heard.

"What?" Laura's mouth fell open and Peyton saw her sister, Katlyn and Oscar and some others appear from the side.

All completely froze upon seeing the women.

"You're a home-wrecker. You ruined a family, Mom. You're the reason why I almost fucking died!" Peyton yelled, her throat raw.

Laura blinked, hurt.

"Baby doll..."

"Don't 'baby doll' me!" Peyton sensed Christopher behind her but she didn't care. 

"You lost the right to say that when you fucked Christopher's father"

Everyone audibly gasped and Laura looked like someone had slapped her across the face.

With that, Peyton shot an apologetic look at her best friend, walking out while booking a flight home.

Before getting on the plane she did one last thing

She texted the boy she fell for

Hope you have a good life, dont contact me anymore, thanks.

She threw her phone away.

They say you only get one do-over in life.

She, Peyton Charleston was gunning for a second.

No matter how much she missed a certain brunette boy, she had to move on.

A/N ; did yall cry

next few chapters sOoN