n i n e t e e n

𝑶𝒎𝒏𝒊𝒔𝒄𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒕 -𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔 𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒆𝒅𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈

Peyton was preparing for the wedding rehearsal dinner.
It was definitely hard for her, since she had to do the brides makeup as well as that of the bridesmaids.
She had run out of makeup, practicing on mannequin heads, and had to run to the MAC store to get more.

"That'll be all, thanks" She thanked the cashier and turned around.
Only to walk into someone.
The person grabbed her by her arms.
"Peyton? Peyton Charleston?"
The girl looked up
"Darius? Darius O'Connel?"
"Hey" Her ex boyfriend let go of her.
"Hi. What are you doing here?"
"I'm here for work, you?" He smiled
"I'm here for my best friends wedding"
"Oh?" Darius rubbed his beard and Peyton noticed a ring on his ring finger.
"You got married?" Peyton blurted. Darius was more of the love 'em and leave 'em types so this was unexpected.
"Sure" Darius said
She nodded, unsure of what to say next.
"Want to catch up for coffee sometime ?" Darius winked boyishly at her.
"Sure. When?" She said. No point in holding grudges now, is there?

Darius had asked her to meet him at a nearby coffee shop at 6pm.
She put on a simple shirt, jeans and a brush of makeup. Who was she trying to impress after all?
Darius was early, which surprised her more. He seemed to have evolved from the laid back lazy quarterback he was in high school.
They talked about jobs and other things for a while.
Peyton sipped her coffee and Darius grew silent, staring at her.
"You know, Peyton, I miss you " Darius reached across the table and Peyton withdrew her hand.
"Darius, no, you're married....." She realised his hand didn't have a ring on it anymore.
"I don't love her"
Before Peyton could respond, Darius' lips came down on hers.
Peyton pulled away like she'd been stunned by a laser.
"No. No way in hell" She wiped her mouth, disgusted.
"Don't be like that babe" Darius leaned back.
Peyton did something she never thought she'd resort to.
Her latte went flying all over her ex boyfriend.
Before leaving the shocked man behind, she turned her head over her shoulder and said the satisfying parting words she'd wanted to say from the moment he cheated.
"Once a man-slut always a man-slut"
She practically sprinted out of there, high heels be damned.
She ran all the way to her best friend's room and told her everything.
"He kissed you, right? So it's not cheating" Katlyn reassured her and suggested a sleepover night, considering Oscar couldn't see her until aisle time.
As Peyton went to sleep, anticipating the next day, she had a feeling that something was wrong.
Very, very wrong.

A/N ; last few chapters (with a bit of a plot twist) out tomorrow 😉