PART ONE | PROLOGUE

It didn't matter how long it had been or how much their lives had changed; part of him would never be able to forgive her. She had taken so much from him. They both had. Stripped him of the ones he loved most. Played him for a fool. Left him to figure out things on his own. They had carried on with their perfect existence; that same sort of silver spoon lifestyle that had always made him sick. They were repulsive. They didn't understand half of what he did; didn't know what he knew; hadn't seen what he had seen. 

They thought they could hide from him. Make a run for it and start all over.

She had tried...twice. But, it never worked. He always found them. He always would...even if she tried to run again. 

But there wouldn't be a next time. 

This was it. He was going to make sure of it. He pulled the hood of his dark jacket up further onto his head, shielding his face as much as he could. They hadn't seen him when they left, lurking in the shadows—watching them like he had been doing for months. Watching as he fell for her; watching as she let her guard down...doing the thing he knew that she swore she wouldn't do. She had let someone else in. There was no room for anyone else. She was his; always had been. He was going to make that clear...one way or another.

He felt the weight of the Glock heavy in his jacket pocket. The cold steel warming in his hand as he gripped the handle of the gun like it might suddenly fall out. The heavy rain slid down his jacket and hit the asphalt around him. The streetlight above him casting a faint orange glow onto the pavement in her driveway. He was invisible. He had picked this spot after scouting the location for weeks, preparing his vantage point for any circumstance that might arise. 

He was ready. He'd waited long enough. After trying to get his hands on her for four years, he would finally make her feel what he had felt since the day she left him: desperation and fear.

He pulled the gun from his pocket and took the safety off. In one swift motion, he racked it, locking the bullet into place. The sound of the metal scraping drowned out by the thunder and the rain.

It was time. 

He would show them. He would show all of them.