Chapter Forty

Depuis le début

"Up next Luna Rachel versus Luna Sage." There were a few giggles, and Liam supposed it had to do with his Luna's outfit. It wasn't of any high brand as she didn't like the feeling, it was a surprise when they did find a fabric that wouldn't make her itch.

But once again, they took the image over the story.

Sage took her stance in the large circle across from Rachel, the she-wolf was wearing a matching outfit that was only going to get ruined in the process of shifting.

Leo made sure, with the help of his sons, that Sage knew proper etiquette in terms of sparing. Sage bowed her head in a sort of handshake sort of motion, but Rachel smirked and decided not to return it.
Which already sent a wave of anger through Sage and her wolf.

"Shift when I give the go! Start!" Rachel was indeed a cocky mess as she had been the one to start the attack, but Sage easily dodged and used all that she had learned in the last coming months.
But taped in the stamina she had for years.

Her punches were quick, strong, and accurate, which was a deadly combination as Rachel was already struggling to regain the momentum she had in the beginning.

Sage on the other hand, was just stalling so her wolf gets the chance.

"SHIFT!" And Sage flawlessly morphed into her fur and pounced to her unprepared opponents, there was no tumble, no way Rachel's wolf could handle the likes of the black wolf.

Sage won the first.
Then the second...And the third.

And although Haylee was out by her third sparing, and unable to wrestle against her new friend. She was almost glad, her wolf did not want to spar with her. And one reason or another, it caused a need to aid her in the following sessions.

Not that Sage rightly needed help, since she was in the final two and the others were simply sparing in rights to practice. But it was clear that they were not up to par with Crescent Moon, and Luke was all too happy to report that to his father later.

"Okay, last spar! Luna Victoria versus Luna Sage!" The announcer claimed, and Sage had risen from her position beside Haylee and Laura to return back to the circle. Either she-wolf—Actual all the she-wolves were starting to sport bruises and cuts. But there was an immediate difference between those who battled Sage to those who didn't, though Haylee's was close.

I want you to drop ten seconds after we shift.

Luna Victoria had ordered, and it confused Sage greatly. Why would she 'drop'?

No. You want win, you fight.

You asked for it.

But did she really?

It came to Sage's senses that Remus and everyone were clearly right in terms of not everyone respecting or wanting to be her friend, but goddess it was a rude awakening.

"START!" Sage was diligent, the term 'asking for it' was still swirling in her mind. Yet that hadn't distracted her enough to not block and defend herself against this Luna.

But her wolf wanted to taunt.

Her brothers had only seen it twice. Once with Jack, when he had talked a big game all this and that. Where she stalled her time in skin before shifting, Laura was very familiar with this tactic as well. As she had begged for forgiveness from her Luna, but was taught a lesson.

And lesson that surely stuck because now she had been made her Luna's first she-wolf and been invited due to her being a 'strong she-wolf' at the words of her Luna.

But it was the roaring gasps of Sage not holding back that truly caused the audience to train their eyes on this new coming she-wolf.

"See...I told you. A freak." Liam had turned to Luke, and without needing to link one another they knew well enough that she was going to be rectified by her mate soon enough. Perhaps all of them failed to mention that they were more connected with Crescent Moon than they care to admit.