Chapter Thirty-One

* * *

 "It's lovely to meet you Luna Sage, my name is Ms.Evelyn. But please call me Evie. Would you like to get started?" 

The first week of Sage's tutoring would be evaluating what she knows and needs to work on.

Evie was pleased that she knew numbers, but not that they were in place of quantity. Time she knew, but not in the presence of a normal schedule like most.

Evie noticed right after the third day that whenever Sage needed to use the restroom she wouldn't go and relieve herself. Instead, she held it, having her tutor be the one to say it was time for a break.

The same with eating. The purpose of a tutor was to work around Sage. But here she was submitting to the cause.

After the first week, Ms.Evelyn found herself in a meeting with the three highest tiers and relayed the report for the first week. As requested by the Elwoods and Remus himself.

"She's smart Alpha, she wants to apply herself. She's already at a second-grade level, but I do understand your concerns about her vocal approach." Jack rolled his eyes, knowing full well that the she-wolf before them had gotten a few huffs and puffs from their Luna.

"Are we talking math or reading?" Eli questioned, and Jack turned his head back to the tutor in confirmation. 

"Reading, she excels. But when we review, it's more her recalling what was spoken prior. Identifying the words in front of her is the next step. As well as writing...Math, on the other hand..." Remus rubbed his face with a free hand as he tried to understand the mess before him.

It saddened him that his mate's six-year-old brother would be able to do this in minutes.

"I'm going to consult the other teachers. Sage could be a visual learner. It's the first week, Alpha, patience. The progress will be slow, but it will be there." Evelyn's words were easier said than done.

Sage struggled, and in-demand of taking out her rage, would she race whoever was guarding her at the time. When it wasn't her brother, it'd be either Eli or, more often, it would be Jack.

As he was responsible for the Pack's Luna in steed of the Alpha.

These reports happened more often, as the educational milestone had taken a rather quick turn. Sage started to read outside the classroom and was starting to retain all that she had learned, the only issue was when she was asked to speak and read outloud it would draw her back. It strained the story and it caused her to grow frustrated easier.

Writing was another issue as her motor skills were limited to throwing punches, the drawing flowers was a set that Ms.Evelyn had missed in their first few meetings. The idea of creativity was meant to come later, but it was easier to apply.

Evie would question Sage and ask her to draw and write.

It was a month into this routine that Eli suggested that Sage start doing things on her own. This meant that she would walk in return to the Elwood residence and back to the Packhouse to begin establishing a sense of responsibility on her own shoulders.

She would have a backpack over her shoulders, a smile on her face, and the current book she was losing sleep over. Her hair would be neatly styled by Camilla, who had years of practice on herself and begged the goddess to give her a daughter.

And she was finally blessed with one.

The young she-wolf had was currently walking towards the packhouse, Camilla had packed her lunch and a baked good for her tutor for working for five days of the week.