Song IX

After a few days, Iona and the Phantom Troupe stayed in their base planning for the next attack.

High officials of the Phantom Troupe including Kai and Iona gathered in the meeting room were they sat around the long meeting table with Iona and Kai on both ends of the table.

"captain Iona,. when will our next plan take action?"

"yes, Iona-kaichou, we've been lying low for too long now"

"we have already GHQ in our control and most of the preparations are ready to commence, we only need your approval"

Iona stood up and placed her hands above the table "my approval!?..." Inoe looked at Kai across the table who was quietly sitting ,enjoying his view of Inoe "have you all forgotten that the head of this operation is Chief Kai?" Iona sternly said

the rest of the officials turned to Kai

"my, my, Iona, don't bring all the attention to me, *smirk* since I placed you in-charge, You have all the authority to begin the mission. no need to ask for my consent, dear. Besides that job can be so... tiring" Kai said seeming uninterested to take part in the event. he placed his elbow on the table and rested his head on his hand

Iona closed her eyes and heaved a sigh before she could say anything. She turned to her second-in-command "Shinzo, are there any complications in searching for the item that we need?"

Shinzo paused for a moment then said "We have not retrieved the item captain...but we do have a lead on where it is located."

Somehow Iona felt relieved that the item's still not found,but didn't let the others notice it. She now had second thoughts of leading the Phantom Troupe and finishing the 4th Apocalypse Virus because of the reason, unsure to her "After dismissal, proceed with the search of the 'Void Ring'. "

"Understood, Captain" -Shinzo

"Any other reports?" She asked turning to each of the people in the table

There was a moment of silence before anyone could speak up.

"Kaichou, Reports tell that the former GHQ's guards, Funeral Parlour, seems to have taken no action. And also, governments from other states question about Japanese GHQs , not responding."

Here comes another problem. Iona thought. "Kirito, hack into the former president of GHQ's main computer, send a message to other states that Japan is in good conditions and that it is temporarily undergoing communication malfunctions. Then, hack into the GHQ's main frame and shut down any communication signals and services from other states. Japan must have no communication with other countries.... Regarding Funeral Parlour taking no action, I assume their forces are destroyed after our last battle,. That means they will not harm our plans."

"Copy that" -Kirito , I'm amazed how Iona kaichou could think of a solution for a problem in just a matter of seconds. Kirito thought

"Anything else?" -Iona asked but there were no response.

"In that case, dismissed" after Iona said that, they all stood up (excluding Kai) and uniformly gave their salutes.

After the meeting,each of them exited the room except for Iona who was waiting for Kai to say something.

Before Kai could say anything, he showed a flirty smile at Iona, then stood up. "Come with me" he said in a serious manner

Without any questions Iona followed Kai to his private room inside the building.