Song VIII

Iona's P.O.V

What have I exactly done? I have disgraced my mission. This is insane!!!

How could I ask him to be friends with me? I shouldn't have done that. How could I open my heart to him? Why is this?

I am the high ranking captain of the Phantom Troupe that will put an end to human race. I shouldn't feel any affections for a human, but why?

Whenever I remember his face, it's like he cares for me and that I feel loved.

I should have never helped him in the first place.

I should remain cold and heartless. I shouldn't be nice to anyone.

I was in the balcony regretting what I had done, when suddenly

When suddenly I noticed someone approach me, before I could even turn around
"Where have you been to huh, my Iona?" -Kai

My back was facing him. He cornered me against the balcony's railing, his hands leaning at the railing,locking me with his arms.

"Kai" I said in a slightly shocked voice

Of all the humans I have always respected Kai, ever since he found me. I have always seen him much nore superior to humans.

"Where have you been to Iona?" -Kai

"I was just catching some fresh air"

He laughed a bit. "I thought you didn't want to befriend humans,Iona? You said it yourself, we humans are pathetic"

How did he know I befriended Shu?

"Kai..." no other words could leave my mouth. I can't tell him the truth,.I also can't lie to him

His face got closer to my ears and whispered, his warm breath sending chills over my spine "You know, I am kind of jealous...I always thought I could have you all to myself,my Iona"

Ofcourse, I only obeh you, just because you saved me from that hellish place.

"Kai, other than anyone else, I only obey to you...you know that"

"Well, you do blindlessly obey my rules just like the dog you are. I hope you still blindlessly obey me even to the extent of giving yourself to me...until the end..Iona" -Kai

After he said that, he let go of the railings, releasing me from his lock and stepped back.

Giving myself to him? A human?

"Iona, take care of the 4th Void Genome, I want you to keep this and never let anyone find out...time will come when I will need this" -Kai , he said it in his professional voice full of authority

I turned around to face him but he already left. He left the suitcase with the Void Genome inside on the floor.

I walked to where the suitcase was and sat right infront of it.

I'm almost there. I'm almost done. I just have to listen to my brain and not my heart.

If I do, my pain..the pain that I feel will subside.

----------------------------------------

After a few days, Shu was released.from the hospital. The fight between the Phantom Troupe and Funeral Parlour damaged a lot in the area where Shu had lived in his apartment.

Because of the damage, authorities ordered the civilians in the area to relocate and find a place to stay for awhile until repairs are all finished.