Ryou x Reader

I smiled in greeting as I walked the hallways of Domino High. Today was a Friday, and I was so excited to finally go home and enjoy my Thanksgiving break! The bell rang as I darted into my next class, almost bumping into a white haired male. 

"Oh! Sorry, Ryou,"  I said, as I reached down to pick up a book he was reading. 

"It's okay. No worries!"  He smiled at me, and offered to walk me to my seat. 

I let him, and as the teacher came in, he sat next to me. 

"Hello, class! For your Thanksgiving break, I want you to find a partner and keep in touch with them. Now, preferably, it would be someone you don't know well,"  The teacher rambled on, as I shared a smile with Ryou.  "But I can't stop you from choosing your best friend,"  The teacher sighed, running a hand down his face as he fixed his glasses.  "Now, I'm going to give you five minutes to choose a partner. Your new assigned seats will be with your partner. Ready, set, go!" 

Everyone got up and scrambled to sit next to their friends. It wasn't a surprise when Duke came over to me and offered to be my partner.  "No thanks,"  I waved him off, turning my attention to Ryou. 

"But (Y/N)! I thought we were friends!"  He whined, and he flipping his long hair, earning sighs from the girls around us. 

I rolled my eyes.  "We are. But Ryou has been my friend for a lot longer than you have..."  I shrugged.  "Besides, Serenity is in this class too,..."  I trailed, tilting my head in the direction of the brunette. 

Duke's emerald eyes lit up as he went over to Serenity, sending a thumbs up my way. I smirked and nodded, before Ryou started to chuckle. 

"Very nice, (Y/N),"  He replied, tilting his head at me.  "Anyway, why are we doing this? Sorry, I zoned out,"  He admitted, rubbing the back of his head shyly. 

"Um, I think it's just to get to know people. But since people chose their friends, the purpose kind of got thrown out the window,"  I shrugged, earning a smile from Ryou. 

"Okay, class! Time's up! Now, turn to page 237 of your text books..." 

        *time skip*

Over Thanksgiving break, Ryou and I were basically inseparable. We spent almost every day together, minus the in-laws coming into town. 

On Thanksgiving day, I received a text from Ryou, along with a song, entitled "May I". I listened to it and blushed, sending a heart emoji back to him. 

Both our families decided to do a big Thanksgiving get-together, so I was required to dress nice. 

I smiled as Ryou was waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs

"My family's almost done with the cooking. Just a 'lil longer, and I think we're good,"  He said, smiling. 

I smiled back. He offered me his hand, and I took it. He pulled me close and hugged me. I hugged him back. 

"Hey (Y/N),"  He whispered in my ear.  "I love you." 

I blushed, burying my face into his shirt.  "I love you too, Ryou,"  I mumbled, pulling away to smile at him. 

He smiled back, leading me to the dining room table. He pulled my chair out, and took a seat next to me. 

Once our families were seated, I stood up.  "Cheers! Happy Thanksgiving!"  I raised my glass of sparkling cider, clinking it with the people nearest to me. 

"Cheers, (Y/N),"  Ryou said, turning to me and clinking his glass with mine. 

"Cheers, Ryou." 

With that, we all took a sip and celebrated Thanksgiving day together. 

*************************************************************

[A/N]: Sorry this is so short! I had no good ideas. 😅 Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!