Yusei x Reader

[A/N]: I warn you guys: this is a sad story. So if you get mad at me, just know that I did warn you beforehand. 

***********************************************************************

Yusei's POV: 

I lie in bed, cuddling my girlfriend. I gaze down at her, and try to memorize every detail. Her (Y/S/C) is softly illuminated in the moonlight. I brush her (Y/H/C) hair out of her peaceful face, her (Y/E/C) eyes closed. I never want to leave...

But since I'm being chased by the dark signers, I need to. It's for her protection. It's for her own good. 

She stirs in her sleep, nuzzling her face into my chest. I smile softly, petting her (Y/H/L) hair back. Her pink lips form a straight line, and I can't help but brush my finger across her soft lips. Her hands are against my chest, rising and falling with my breathing. 

It may seem odd, but I find myself studying her chipped nail polish. It's her favorite color and she doesn't seem to mind when I grab her hand softly. I place a light kiss against the back of her hand, sighing as I hug her tight. 

I cuddle her while she sleeps, before exhaustion takes over and I fall asleep. 

                                                           *time skip*

I wake to small rays of sunlight peaking through the window's blinds. I sigh, and turn to face (Y/N). She's already awake, and her (Y/E/C) eyes gaze into mine. 

We don't say a thing as I pull her close, placing a soft kiss on the crown of her head. She closes her eyes, and cuddles against my chest. Her small figure makes it easy for me to snuggle with her. I chuckle and she smiles at me, playfully sticking out her tongue. 

I raise and eyebrow and capture her lips with mine, pinning her to the bed. She kisses me back before pushing me off of her. 

We cuddle for a few more minutes until the alarm clock goes off. I sigh and get up, putting my pants and shirt on. 

I lean over the bed to kiss her lips one last time, gently placing a small box in her hand. 

She looks up at me, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion. I put a finger to my lips, before whispering two words: trust me. 

She nods, and watches as I walk through the door, my footsteps heavy - along with my heart. 

Third POV: 

(Y/N) opened the box once Yusei was out of sight. Inside was a wedding ring with a small note: 

"When we meet again ~ Will you marry me? 

Love, ♥

           Yusei Fudo"

(Y/N) nodded to herself, putting the ring on her left ring finger. Yusei smiled softly as he watched his girlfriend through the window. 

He tore his gaze away, putting his helmet on and driving off into the sunrise.