Jack x Reader

"Yo, Atlas!" You called, entering the garage where Yusei was working on a red duel runner. "Have you seen Jack, Yusei?"  You inquired, crossing your arms with a sigh. 

"He's upstairs. Or he's getting coffee again,..." Yusei mumbled the last part, running a towel across his face. 

"Great,"  You respond sarcastically, rolling your eyes. 

"Hey, (Y/N)!"  A familiar voice greeted. 

You spun around, coming face to face with a smiling redhead. "Hi Crow. You haven't seen Jack by chance, have you?"  You asked, tilting your head as you leaned against the concrete wall. 

He shook his head.  "Can't say that I have, (N/N). Why, does he owe you again?"  He asked, concerned as he rubbed the back of his neck. 

This time, you shook your head. "Nope. Not this time anyway. He was supposed to duel me." 

Both boys looked up. They knew Jack would never be late to a duel. Heck, why would he miss a chance to cream someone and show them who's "King"? 

"Hmmm, that's odd. Why don't you go look for him, (N/N)?" Yusei replied, switching out a wrench for a box of wires. "Crow, you got time to go with her?" 

"Nah Yusei, I'll manage."  You replied with a wave of your hand, not letting Crow respond. 

With that, you walked out of the garage and slipped your (Y/F/C) helmet on, speeding off down the streets. 

*******************************************************************

When you reached the café, you saw a familiar blonde sitting at a table for two outside. 

"Bingo,"  You said to yourself, quietly walking over to the tall male. You placed both your hands over his eyes, standing as far back as you could. 

"Really, (Y/N)?"  Jack replied, reaching up to grab your hands.  "Isn't this game getting a 'lil old?" His British accent rang through the question, as his amethyst eyes looked up at you. 

You shrugged.  "Not to me anyway. Why weren't you at the house? We were supposed to duel today...."  You trailed, sitting next to the blonde. 

He shrugged. "I forgot. Not my problem people can't handle my schedule."  With a wave of his hand, he then took a sip of his coffee. 

You sighed and rolled your eyes.  "Look Atlas, if you're gonna schedule duels with me and then act like you forgot, then you might as well forget it. It's never fun for me to sit around and wait on your ass."  You looked away, clenching your jaw. 

You heard him sigh.  "Look, (Y/N). I know I'm forgetful. I know I must hurt you when I forget things like our duels.... But here's one thing I'll never forget..."  You heard him shuffle around and pull out a small package. He slid it across the table to you, making you look up in curiosity.  

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0107/0472/products/Small_White_Cube_with_Bright_Red_Ribbon.jpg?v=1540380844 

"I remember the day I first met you. It was exactly a year ago, and I knew that you understood me..."  He trailed off, his eyes averting to the ground. 

You smiled softly and reached for the small box. Inside was a necklace with your initial on it, a small diamond in the corner of the letter.  "Aww, Jack. You're so sweet." 

His cheeks became dusted with a light pink blush.  "It's nothing, (Y/N). Plus, you were feeling down, so I thought now would be the best time to give it to you." 

With his head still down, you smiled and leaned forward to kiss his cheek. He looked up, and pulled you closer, hugging you. 

You hugged him back, and soon after he let you go. You carefully took the necklace out of the box and put it on.  "Perfect."  You beamed as you looked up at him. 

His eyes gleamed in the afternoon sunlight, causing you to get lost in them.  You snapped yourself out of it, and stood up.  "So, Jack. What do you say we go duel now?"  You smirked, looking up at him. 

"Oh, you're so on! No one can beat the King!" He shot back, smirking as you both walked to your duel runners. 

What a day....  :) 

********************************************************************

Finished! I know this may have been a bit out of character, but I'm trying here.  XD  Roll with me. 

Requests are still open!  Take care! 

~ Rose