five, bad ideas

FIVE; bad ideas

ੈ♡

     ROWAN WAS HIDING IN THE morgan's bathroom, pacing the small space nervously. she couldn't figure out why she had glown earlier. she still felt weird, but not sick anymore.

     ella was also confused as to what the glowing was, but she was asleep on the couch, thanks to benny's grandma.

     'row!' a voice on the other side of the door said.

     'yes?' rowan asked, wiping the tears welling up in her eyes.

     it was quiet for a moment. 'are you okay?' benny asked, leaning up against the doorframe.

     rowan was so afraid that her closest friends now thought she was weird or a freak. 'yeah. . . i'm fine.' all she wanted was a hug from benny, but she was already convinced he hated her, so she decided against it.

     she listened for his footsteps, but he didn't seem to leave. rowan turned the faucet, cupping her hands and splashing her face with water.

     rowan turned to the door and opened it, coming face to face with benny. 'scuse me.' she said quietly, slipping past the boy.

     when she joined with ethan and sarah, benny following behind, she noticed the girls asleep on the couch, being tucked in by evelyn.

     'it's amazing they can sleep now.' sarah scoffed, referring to the girls.

     'yeah, grandma's got the magic touch.' benny informed her. 'when i was six and afraid of robots, she—'

     'fascinating! look, if i can get to jesse's before midnight, i can still save erica!'

     'wait, that pizza guy isn't dead, right?' ethan asked the older girl. rowan, who was also intrigued as to the state of the boy, leaned forward, biting her nails nervously.

     'not dead, but in this weird 'limbo for souls' thing. he won't be back here.' sarah assured the teens.

     benny, who had wandered back into the conversation, held up a slice of pizza. 'found a survivor.'

     rowan rolled her eyes, as did ethan. 'okay, just stay inside where you're safe.'

     'say hi to erica for me.' benny said, making rowan annoyed.