three, bloodsucker

THREE;  bloodsucker

ੈ♡

     BENNY HAD GOTTEN HIS GRANDMOTHER, evelyn, to watch the younger girls, who did not want the woman to watch them at all.

     'thank you so much, miss weir.' rowan smiled gratefully as benny's grandma walked into the house. 'if ella's bad you're allowed to lock her outside.'

     'yeah, grandma, you're a lifesaver.' benny informed the elderly woman 

     'anytime, dear.' evelyn replied as rowan walked to join the girls and ethan. 'that's the girl you like, right?' evelyn whispered quite loudly. rowan somehow didn't hear, which made benny sigh a sigh of relief.

     'yes, grandma, that's the girl i like.' benny muttered, his cheeks heating up.

     meanwhile, rowan and ethan were trying to convince their younger sisters that benny's grandma didn't smell funny.

     'she doesn't smell funny,' rowan assured the girls, crossing her arms.

     'yeah, she smells nice. like flowers and. . . and mothballs.' ethan said, in between his teeth. the blonde bumped her friend's arm with her elbow at that statement.

     as rowan kissed her sister on the forehead, benny informed his grandma, 'if the pizza isn't here in. . .' he looked down at his watch. '26 minutes, you do not pay a dime!'

     rowan rolled her eyes at the boy. 'we'll be back soon, don't worry.' she informed the youngest girls, putting on her jacket, which she had tied around her waist earlier.

     'i hate being eight.' jane huffed, watching as the teenagers left.

ੈ♡

      'WHAT IS ALL THAT STUFF?' ethan asked benny, who had had things dropping from his bag the whole time.

      'night vision cams and infrared. you can't possibly expect to be investigating the supernatural realm without the proper gear,' the boy explained.

      'mhm, totally.' the blonde laughed sarcastically.

      rowan glanced back at her house, which was empty and dark, no cars in the driveway, no rowan reading on the porch with only a single lantern as light, no ella dancing around the yard. it felt empty, but it had felt like that for years, ever since rowan's father had passed.