Ch.61 Karasu vs Inari

Start from the beginning

"Hey, Sakusa?" Komori voice cut through the cheers. Kiyo-kun looks over me and waited for his response. "Which team would you like to challenge if we meet them in the Finals?" 

"You mean the championship?" I asked. 

"That or like the Quarter Finals or Semi Finals." Komori explained. 

"I want to know how they beat Wakatoshi-kun." He stated. "Now I know why, both of their Middle Blockers are decent but still, they need to shut me down first if they think about defeating us." 

Damn. I thought as I stared up at him. His eyes are so focused on the game. He looks so serious and it's kinda hot. Geez, I can't really wrap my head around the idea that this germaphobe is my boyfriend. I do hope I get to see Tobi-kun go up against Kiyo-kun in an official match. I noticed that Inarizaki has subbed in their captain for their Ace. Weird but also interesting. 

"Miyuki!" I turned to see Aratani making her way towards us. "Our court is on their 3rd set and Coach wants us to get warmed up." 

I nodded and gave Kiyo-kun's arm a hug. "Good luck, Beautiful Snow." I smiled and waved at Komori. "Good luck you too. See you at the finish line!" 

~~~

"It's Day 2 and we have the #2 seeded team: Itachiyama Academy entering the tournament on this court while the Champions: Geba High School are challenging on the other court. And the 3rd seeding team: Shiratorizawa Academy just finished their 1st game with 2 straight winning sets." A male commentator announced. 

"Here we have Itachiyama's Ace: Miyuki Shimotsuki." His colleague chimes in as both teams are warming up in front of them. "She was invited to the All Japan Youth Training Camp and I wonder what does Itachiyama have in order to play against Geba High school again."

"Well, Geba High School and Itachiyama Academy are in the same bracket. If they both make it to the Quarter Finals, we would have ourselves a rematch." 

"First things first is Round 2." 

~~~

Miyuki's POV

This gym is so loud. 

It reminds me of when Father was playing. It's making me nostalgic and sentimental. I'm also nervous because everyone is watching. Like eyes are all everywhere. Any eyes. Geez, sometimes I just want to stay with Kiyo-kun, let my stress and anxiety go away. From school to volleyball to Mother, I always felt comfort from him. It's like he's actually cleansing me with his spray but that's him in general. 

Well, after staying by his side this morning, I'm sure it's enough to get through round 2. After warming up, I felt like my right hand is stronger than ever---because Kiyo-kun taped it. 

As we stand in a line with our sign that has our school name and prefecture, I felt excited and pride rush over me. To be able to stand on a court at Nationals is a very awesome feeling. I wondered if my Father felt like this when he was my age. 

My hair is up in a ponytail that held up my bangs to now. I felt it right at my jersey number 10. We went with our usual black jersey. I held my head high as the announcer introduced us and our opponent from the Kagoshima Prefecture. Kairi lost the coin toss so we are now in serve receive. I can hear their cheers coming from their side as my heart's pounding in my chest as I bend my knees to pass the serve.