First Impressions

Author's note:

Inspired by the events of GA-S2-E18 "Yesterday", with an alternate ending. Enjoy!

bobbiejelly

First Impressions

You feel her looking at you when you first meet Mark Sloan.

Not that you knew he was Mark until you see Derek punch him in the face right in front of you, of course.

But as he hits the ground, you turn around almost imperceptibly, and you see her, eyes sad and hurt before she walks away again.

It's bizarre as far as first impressions go, and that's saying something after just this morning you've found out that your boss's boss had been secretly having an affair with your mother.

You feel her looking at you while you meet your patient who wants to send all the hate mail.

She's giving you an interesting expression as you try to empathize with this man's dying wish.

You wish he didn't want to go out like this; by causing everyone all this pain.

You try to turn around to see her again, but she's gone before you look over your shoulder.

You feel her looking at you while you hear about the woman who came into the E.R with spontaneous orgasms.

This time, you're sure she's staring at you, and not just looking past you at Derek or Mark.

You feel your insides heat up a bit at that look, biting your lip as you see her walking away now.

She's always looking at you, and then, she's always walking away.

You feel her looking at you while you're looking at Derek and Mark fighting inside of the Chief's office.

You watch them all fighting, and you realize you're angry at all of them; at all of it.

You're angry that Richard Webber broke up your family, and that he's not even admitting it to you.

You're angry that your McDreamy wasn't around enough for her, and that Mark apparently was, and that Addison gave into Mark when she was lonely.

You feel her looking at you while you see Mark Sloan trying to seduce her again.

You learn from that interaction that they'd lived together after.

You learn then, that Mark had been in love with her, while she'd still been in love with Derek.

You realize, at this point, that you can hardly blame him.

You feel her looking at you while you hear Derek's explanation for the collapse of his marriage.

He tells you that he had been absent.

It confirms what you knew already in the back of your mind about him having been a bad husband.

You think that you're dodging a bullet by still avoiding him.

You see her walking out of the elevator after Mark stroked her cheek softly.

You see her crying for the first time today.

She's been strong all day, just like she always seems to be, standing up for her patients, but never herself.

You see her fall in and out of love with two different men, and you wonder, just what she's seen in them, even though you don't question for a second what they had each, seen in her.