Part Seven: Mastema's Dorm

"WHEN YOU STARTED TO LIVE IN A CERTAIN TERRITORY, EXPECT TO DISCOVER SOME THINGS THAT YOU DIDN'T EVEN KNOW EXISTED."

- EMILY

DOMINIC ENTERED THE INFIRMARY. His raven hair was raked in an attractive and troubled manner. He undid his dark red necktie before sitting beside me. Nurse Judith felt Dominic wanted to have some private conversation, so she excused herself for a while, carrying down the glass of water before closing the door.

His eyes suddenly stared up at my hands, soothing them before his expression turned into a frown, "Are you feeling well now?" He asked softly after Nurse Judith had exited the door--—there was an enticing and strange feeling when his skin touched mine. And it took me minutes to digest his words.

"I'm alright now," I smiled warily, feeling fragile and vulnerable. Dominic's dark eyelashes blend well with his gray orbs, but there are flickering emotions inside. "Thanks for your concern," I whispered shyly.

"You're too soft-hearted," he cooed deeply, kissing my hand. "It makes me want to protect you."

My air sacs halted, and my temperature rose. My chest felt strange like something was tightening. But simultaneously, skin felt numb and tickled, uncertain yet pleasurable.

Dominic knew I could not find my words, releasing my hands before speaking. "You should get home. It's getting dark."

I stood up straight and removed the blankets, covering my half. "I live in the dorms now. And I'll be going to my new room after I've recomposed myself." I explained thoroughly. After a couple of minutes, he put something in his pocket, placing it on top of my lap. It was the only time that I realized that I was still wearing my Gym uniform.

"I've bought some strawberries and chocolates," he said, referring to his gift. "You can eat them if you want to." His thin, rosy lips curved. But I leaned closer.

"Is eating allowed here, in the infirmary?" I asked, feeling uncertain with Nurse Judith. Dominic cocked his head, taunting me.

"There are no rules here. You can always do your thing as long as you're with me," he declared, opening the container. Now, Mary, eat what I've bought; it'll make you feel better."

I nodded and gently took my first strawberry, dipping it in rich, thick chocolate before the sweet and sour texture blended easily against my tongue. Dominic was just there, watching me. Before he crossed his legs and smiled softly.

"Say, how old are you, Mary?" He asked, putting his hands in front of his lips. I took another strawberry before dipping it thoroughly.

"I'm Nineteen, supposed to be in college. But I've missed too many school years." I explained. "What about you?" I asked back, pulling the fruit from the chocolate dip.

"I'm seventeen."

I halted and stared at him. Before a warm and smooth texture fell off on my bare skin. My eyes lowered, and I swore when I realized the chocolate had dripped. Dominic clicked his tongue in a teasing manner, standing up from his chair.

"I may be younger, but I can teach you a lot of things that no one has ever taught you," he whispered temptingly, placing his hands on top of my knees. The other one managed to wipe down the chocolate. "You just have to ask, and I will give everything that your heart desires," he proclaimed, cleaning his fingers with his tongue, showing dominance and protection towards me.

The school head gave me the room keys after I'd exited. I walked into my room, feeling embarrassed if someone caught me walking late in the evening with my uniform. The dorm was farther than I had expected, separated from the main building and a few feet further than the storage house. Only the moon and tall antique street lamps guided me toward the broad yet sophisticated pathway.