Part Three: Admiring Darkness

"MARY JANE, IF IT'S LOVE THAT YOU WANTED THEN I WOULD GLADLY OFFER MINE. JUST STAY AWAY FROM THAT MAN, BECAUSE IT MAKES ME FEEL JEALOUS SEEING YOU TOGETHER WITH THAT HUMAN,"

- DOMINIC

I STARED ON THE MIRROR as he brushed my dark blonde hair using the soft comb on his drawer. It became an actual habit every time we went to our classes. But Dominic wouldn't let me exit his room without examining my appearance, like his own doll that he likes too much. And when he's brushing my hair, his fingers would frequently touch my skin, teasing me in a bemused manner.

I watch with patience because, from the closeness of his touch, he can even feel everything that I do, looking down at my necklace and wondering if I could tell those things to him. But I'm too afraid that he might judge my obscure situation. And he might stay away from me.

But I'm incapable of hiding, and before I knew it, Dominic leaned over my shoulder, whispering in my ears in his sweet and provocative voice. "Don't be afraid to tell me what's bothering you. I might help you resolve it."

"I—don't know if—you might think of me as abstruse if I tell it to you,"

"I would never do that."

I turned around, and my eyes stared directly at his alluring dark ones. "Do you promise it?"

"I promised."

My heart did an unusual beat when he smirked lusciously; it was like a Dominic that I hadn't seen before. When I finally recomposed myself, I stood up and took the picture inside of the wooden box exactly where I hid it, handing it over to him.

"I found it a week ago when I first moved into your room. I was scared at first because it was placed in my closet. And when I got home on the weekend, there's this strange thing that happened, but I'm quite uncertain from all of the things that's been happening lately till now,"

"Do you have any idea of who the person is?"

I shook my head. "It's also the reason why I chose to stay with you because I felt that something was wrong in my room." My voice broke, and I suddenly felt scared.

When the class started, it felt like all the weight was on me; I had already told Dominic everything that happened. But why did I feel that I had done something wrong?—It took me a couple of minutes to realize that Alda was talking to me. Her eyes seem to be worried and concerned. She repeated what she had said, but I was so deep in my thoughts that I didn't catch it for the second time.

"I am sorry, Alda, but I'm not in the mood to talk right now," I muttered honestly.

She heaved a sigh and shook her head, "I understand."

When the English teacher came in, the class became silent, and Mrs. Elliot didn't waste a single time handing the manuscripts over. The person in front of me extended his hands backward, grasping the pile of papers in his hands before I took it, and did the same process again till it reached the back of the class.

Alda leaned over when she noticed that the characters were rolling. Reid was supposed to be the father of Miranda, my character, but Mrs. Elliot, our English teacher. Changed his role and made him a prince, the one whom Miranda will end up with.

"It's good that Mrs. Elliot didn't change your character into a nasty one. She likes to make everyone miserable," she motivated me, putting her copy on her table before looking at our surroundings.

"Where is Reid, by the way?"

"Reid is absent," I spoke simultaneously. After the conversation, Alda was silent for the past fifteen minutes, pretending to be busy on her manuscript and frequently high-lighting the lines of a random character, till she gave up and sighed, putting down her marker, looking into my eyes with her guarded emotions.