Part Thirteen: Tea Party

"I KNOW THAT IT MAY SOUND WEIRD, BUT IT FEELS DIFFERENT HERE - A BAD KIND OF DIFFERENT - LIKE YOU'RE BEING PLACED INTO A WORLD WHERE YOU'RE NOT WELCOMED OR LOST EVEN."

- MARY JANE

I MILDLY PUSHED HIM BACK, shaking my head in a displeasing manner. When I saw his dark red eyes, a taciturn gust abruptly sidles against my skin, the same feeling I have whenever I feel perturbed. "Pardon me, but I have to go now. Dominic is waiting for me."

My throat went dry, and I stepped back when Calvin leaned closer, "You seem tensed." Then he caresses a strand of my hair. "Do we need to lock you up so you won't escape?" he descants with his deep, virile voice.

"Give me back my books, please," I asked.

Calvin snivels, ending in an opulent mirth, "I was just kidding. Come on, Lamb; feel free to stay here for a while."

His hands touched my back, leading me towards their lounger. "Hey Enrique, why don't you bring us some booze here?" He asks.

Enrique gave him a curt nod before he proceeded to the pantry. Darius walks idly by the side of the settee. Neither spoke, for both men seemed busy with their own affairs. Calvin struck the cig on top of the table by the match, sitting cumbersomely beside the urn. Darius finally settled on the couch beside ours and poured himself a cup of whiskey on the top of the same stand.

Darius pointed his cup just before us. "Do you want me to turn on the vinyl?" He probes.

Calvin answered, gusting out a smoke from his mouth. "Of course, the usual one, please,"

Darius settled the cup on the slab before he languidly stood from his seat. I watched as he made his way towards the turntable, grasping one of their vinyl on the stand - just a couple of minutes later - a scraping noise subjugated the corners of the room before a calm and relaxing classic high in.

"So," Calvin exclaims. "I heard that your admirers quite increased in numbers."

He blows out another smoke from his mouth. His voice is flat in tone.

"I think so," I said.

Darius intervenes, crossing his hind leg. His eyes are brimming with notice. "If I were you, I would've said you're fucking right. You know?"

My fingers subconsciously fiddled with my skirt. The topic itself made my cheeks burn from embarrassment. "I didn't enjoy the attention, to be honest. It bothers me sometimes."

Darius drinks his liquor before responding, "You should never be bothered by it. Those fucktards should know their place in the first place."

Calvin sneers, settling his hands behind my back. "Geez, Rius, you're soiling her mind. Our Lamb might wake up someday without any need of our help."

I shrugged. "Well, Darius has a point. Of course, without the profanity though," then I added. "When I entered Mastema, no one even dared to approach me. Only Alexa, Esmeralda, and Emily have the veracity to befriend an outsider like me. And it feels lonely whenever people would isolate me from their environment. It's like I'm not meant to be here. That's why I – sorry – I think I'm just rambling, right?"

Calvin took the tea tray from Enrique's hand, placing it on the board before assuring. "No, it's okay. Go on."

Enrique sits beside me and Calvin. His eyes filled with confusion looking between Calvin and I. "What did I miss?"

"Well, our Lamb here wants to talk with us."

"Since when did you become a psychiatrist, Calvin?" Enrique asked.