"My mother and father were so lovable even after twenty years of their married life, you know?" he asked calmly.

"Really?" she amazed.

"Yeah... they always liked to be with one another..."

"So sweet..."

"Being their son, I too will be like that and you are going to see that," Arnav said confidently.

"Let see..."

She was about to go,

"Are you challenging me?" Arnav asked.

While nodding yes,

"Kind of..." She challenged him.

"Don't underestimate me..."

"You too don't underestimate me... I'm not like your mother..." she suppressed her smile.

Arnav frowned.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm not a good woman like your mother. I annoy you... irritate you...bother you..."

Cutting her,

"...upset me...trouble me... torture me... then? Is that over or anything else is the list?" he teased.

"Don't you believe my words?"

Arnav nodded NO pressing his lips.

"Very soon, you will get to know who really I'm..." She said with attitude and left the room, leaving smiling Arnav.

Arnav huffed in relief. He felt bad for shouting at her. But... his shout made her open up... For the first time, she spoke with him nicely. He liked the way she spoke to him. It will be better if he talks lightly, without moving to the next step...

He smiled thinking about their conversation.

"Let me see, Mrs. ASR... who really you are." He thought inwardly,

But... Arnav didn't know he is going to get a chance to see who really Khushi is...very soon... at the same day itself.

After sending a few e-mails, Arnav got bored, sitting in his room. Arnav came downstairs, searching for his wife. But there was no one in the living room. Arnav sighed. Don't know with whom his wife is chit-chatting. He went to the kitchen and looked for her but she was not there too. Letting out a gasp, he again headed to his room. He started climbing the staircase.

At the same time, Laya was trying to getting down from the upstairs with the help of a walking stick. The stick in her hand slipped and she was about to fall down from the stairs, a set of soft and silky palms held her cautiously. Arnav who got panicked seeing her was slipping down huffed in relief, seeing Khushi holding her hand. If Khushi wouldn't have caught her hand, she would have fallen on Arnav.

Laya looked at Khushi disappointedly. Her plan was something which was ruined by Khushi... unexpectedly. She plastered a fake smile.

"Be careful, Laya... your lag is already broken... a few more bones of yours will get broken... (she paused, looking at Laya in a warning manner.) if you slip on..." she stopped not completing, looking at Arnav. Her facial expression was enough to say how possessive she is.

Laya gulped down her uneasiness. From where did this Khushi come? She was not here a few minutes ago...? Here, she was planning to make a rift between them but this Khushi reached here before time. She thought to use the chance when she saw Arnav in the living room. Would not have been Khushi got suspect on Arnav if he would have caught her if she fell? But Khushi spoilt it.

In that, Laya didn't notice, how Arnav's face literally lit, seeing Khushi's reaction on this matter. She was right... she is not like his mother. She is something no one could predict. More to his surprise,

"Were you searching for me?" Khushi asked Arnav.

Making himself, Arnav nodded yes.

Showing her mobile,

"I would have come to our room if you had called me..." she said shrugging her shoulders.

"I don't know you took your mobile with you," he said smilingly.

"Let's go to our room." She called him seriously.

He nodded yes and followed her, not showing any expression on his face. In fact, Arnav always looks expressionless but today he faced a tough time to be expressionless.

This is what she said," You will get to know who really I'm"? Arnav supposed.

Laya was looking at their retreating figures with unbelievable expression. Khushi's attitude made her speechless. Are they really in good terms? They just got married yesterday... Wasn't Khushi opposing the marriage? Did Arnav mend things in between them? Maybe, she is his PA, after all. She fumed.

In Arshi room

Khushi connected her mobile with a charger, not looking at Arnav. She was uncomfortable as she had shown something which was being hidden in her. Of course, she didn't look at him but Arnav's smiling eyes were following only her and Khushi knew it. He wanted to talk to her but what if she leaves the room?

Arnav took an apple from the plate which was on the tea table. While glancing at Khushi, he cut the apple. Instead of concentrating on the apple, he concentrated on her. Due to a lack of concentration, the apple slipped from his hand. So, instead of apple, his left palm got cut which was holding the apple. He hissed in pain, dropping the knife down. Khushi looked at him and horrified, seeing his bleeding palm. He shrugged his hand. Khushi rushed to him and clutched his hand without any second thought.

"Don't shrug your hand off... it's bleeding..."

She went to the cupboard and searched for the first-aid kit. She found one in the cupboard. Taking it, she again ran to Arnav who was gazing at her awful.

"Sit down..." she said.

It was indeed an order and Arnav Singh Raizada obeyed someone's order for the first time without regret.

"Can't you do it cautiously?" She asked while cleaning the blood.

She didn't get the answer and without minding it, she arrowed another question.

"Why do you do the thing which you don't know?"

She checked the kit box for the gauze to dress the wound but she didn't find one.

"There is no gauze..." She said worriedly while checking.

Arnav was about to say,

"Yes, there is no gauze..."

As Arnav didn't expect, she tore her cotton shawl to tie his palm. Arnav was taken aback at her fast and timing action. Khushi was so busy securing the wound that she didn't notice that she has been admiring by her husband.

She stood finishing the dressing. Taking an apple, she cut it.

"Eat it." She said keeping the pieces on the plate.

She rushed out not waiting there. Everything happened so quick...

Arnav smiled, looking at the apple pieces. He bit the apple piece with the same smile. But, Arnav couldn't guess, where did she go, all of a sudden, leaving him here? Will she call the doctor? But her mobile is here... Or... will she call everyone here? Arnav horrified... but he was pleased when Khushi returned back. She came with a haldi and Neem paste to apply it to his wound.

To be continued...

The next part is available on Inkitt

No matter what...

Arnav saw a bowl in Khushi's hand. He didn't know what it was. She came and sat on the tea table in front of the recliner and looked at him.

"What's that?" Arnav asked, cocking his brows.

"Turmeric and Neem paste... it heals the wound." She said, keeping the bowl on the table.

The man who always goes with MODERN medicine looked at her perplexed.