Here Comes Trouble

Start from the beginning

"You're drooling. You might want to wipe your mouth."

He has never heard anything more beautiful. As cheesy as it sounds, her voice is like music to his ears.

That is, until he finally processes what she just said.

Embarrassment washes through him as he lifts his hand to clean his mouth, but she stops him before he can.

"Here," she says while taking a tissue from her handbag, "let me."

He just stands there gaping like an idiot as she dabs his mouth. From the corner of his eye, he can see the other males surrounding them with their jaws basically on the floor. He is sure to get a hell of a lot of death glares later.

"There, all done."

He feels like a creep just staring at her, but she's so beautiful she doesn't even seem real. If someone ever tried to paint her, they'd never do her justice. And the fact that this insanely attractive girl was noticing his existence- Him. Percy Jackson. The loser of all losers. The guy who has no friends, sits in the back of class unnoticed, and is a complete mamma's boy. She's acknowledging him and Percy has to remind himself to keep his mouth shut before he says something stupid like 'Marry me'.

"I've never seen you around before," she says, her voice as smooth as velvet. "Are you new?"

His tongue has forgotten how to form words, so he nods.

She smirks. "You got a name Green Eyes?"

"Percy," he responds, and yeah his voice cracks. He's such a ladies man.

"Percy," she repeats, smiling a little. "I like it. I'm Annabeth."

Annabeth.

The name is mentally burned in his memory. It fits her perfectly. And Annabeth Jackson doesn't sound half bad either. Actually, it sounds better than anything he's ever imagined. God, he needs to calm down.

She's staring at him, and that's when he realizes he should really say something. So he goes for the classic 'It's nice to meet you', but it comes out more like "I like ice too."

She giggles and says, "Flustered are we?"

He lets out a shaky breath and replies, "W-What? No. I-I wasn't- I just-" Luckily for him, the school bell cuts him off.

"Well, I better get to class. Don't want to be late on the first day." She then leans in closer to him and for a second he thinks she's going to kiss him, but that fantasy gets chucked out the window when she goes beside his ear. He can smell the strong scent of lemons and vanilla that she gives off. It's so incredibly intoxicating and yet he can't get enough of it.

"See you around Green Eyes," she whispers. The contact of her hot breath on his neck makes him shiver. He can sense the smirk on her face as she pulls away and walks into the building.

Percy just stands there, staring at the spot that she had been in moments ago. He takes deep breaths to try to calm his racing heart, but it isn't working. What he isn't expecting are the numerous amounts of sympathetic glances he's receiving. He's been at this school for a grand total of about five minutes and people are giving him pity looks?

One guy with shaggy black hair passes by him saying, "Dude, you're so fucked." Percy isn't sure what he means, but he is sure about one thing.

Annabeth is trouble.

And as much as he doesn't want to, he has to stay away from her.

___♪___