The Letter Boy

___ ♪___

                                                                                           ___ ♪___

Annabeth Chase was many things.

She was prideful, intelligent, brave, and honest. But most of all, she was lonely.

She had started off in this new school called Goode High. Though she still had no idea what was so 'good' about it. She had transferred there near the beginning of ninth grade when her father decided it was time for a fresh start.

You see, Annabeth's parents had divorced a few months ago and her father immediately began dating a new woman once the papers were finalized. The woman, Susan was her name (though Annabeth preferred to call her the step-monster), had two children. They were twin boys four years younger than Annabeth, so it was safe to say that they were like the devil's spawn.

They had moved to New York from sunny California and Annabeth could already tell that this was going to be a bad idea. New York had, admittedly, beautiful architecture, but the people there were extremely rude (at least the people she met).

Whenever Annabeth would walk down the hallways with her large textbooks clutched to her chest, her peers would sneer at her and give her the dirtiest looks. Some would tease her about her freakish grey eyes and others would snatch her books away and throw them in the trash. Annabeth would always try to defend herself, but there came a few days where she would let the taunting get to her.

Freak.

Smartass.

Bitch.

She hated it. She hated everything that had to do with this school, and it wasn't like her so called family were much help. She'd try to tell them what was happening, but her father would always ignore her and focus on his work and Susan would just laugh and say it was harmless fun. Well, news flash! It wasn't fucking fun. It was hurtful and mean.

Eventually, Annabeth got used to the teasing, name-calling, and shoves into lockers. She didn't fight back anymore. What was the point? They'd only do something worse the next time around. And it wasn't like anyone was going to stick up for her either. She had no friends. No one wanted to associate themselves with ugly know it all Annabeth Chase.

One day, when she was publicly humiliated in the cafeteria after one of the cheerleaders 'accidentally' spilled their tomato sauce filled pasta all over Annabeth's clothes, she made a decision.

She was running away.

She couldn't take it anymore. The bullying, the neglect, the laughter that would stab her repeatedly in the chest. She had promised herself that she wouldn't give up. That she wouldn't let them break her. But after months of this God awful torture, with no one there to help or support her, she reached her limit.

So as she left the cafeteria, with burning tears in her eyes, she devised a plan in her head. She would leave this Friday. Everyone will be too hyped up over Valentine's Day to notice her absence. She would do it. She would finally be free. Away from the taunting laughter that would always seem to follow her.