speak now

___♪___

annabeth frowned, looking at herself in the mirror. "do you think i look okay?" she asked, tilting her head.

"hot enough to steal the groom."

"piper!" she exclaimed, smacking the girl's arm. "don't say that shit, oh my god."

piper finished drying her hands and looked at annabeth. "i'm not wrong," she said. then, more seriously, she added, "are you really not gonna tell him? today's your last chance."

annabeth double-checked that the bathroom door was locked before leaning against the wall with a heavy sigh. "i can't. it's his wedding."

"his wedding that he doesn't even want!" piper argued. "percy has always said he wanted a small beach wedding. and now there are over 200 people here."

"because he loves rachel enough to give her the wedding she wanted."

"no, because rachel's dad is paying for the wedding and percy has no say."

which was true. because percy had complained to annabeth about how extravagant their wedding was becoming many times. even rachel herself wasn't keen on such a big wedding but her father paid for multiple wedding planners and now, the courtyard of their family mansion was fully decked out for a wedding with 225 people.

"still," annabeth muttered. "he's marrying her. if there was any chance he loved me like you claim, he wouldn't be marrying her."

piper sighed. "you got me there," she conceded gently. "i have no fucking clue why he's marrying her when he looks at you like you're his entire world."

her words make annabeth's heart twist painfully. "let's go," she said, reaching for the door. she was tired of this conversation, she'd already had it time and time again with piper and it always went nowhere.

they barely got two steps out of the bathroom before being ambushed by jason. "there you are! annabeth, percy wants to see you."

"why? is he okay?" she asked, ignoring the pointed look piper was giving her.

"he's just super nervous and he asked for you. he said you're good at talking him down," he said. "we only have, like, twenty minutes before the ceremony is gonna start."

"okay, where is he?"

"upstairs to the right, the room that has the word 'groom' on the door."

annabeth nodded and made her way to the stairs, climbing them quickly and finding the door jason described. she knocked softly. "perce?"

"come in," he called.

when she entered the room, percy was alone and pacing. he looked devastatingly handsome, dressed in a simple black tuxedo with a dark blue tie. she shut the door and didn't hesitate to walk up to him and wrap him in a hug.