Chapter 11: The Incident

Start from the beginning

Anger fueled every motion I made this morning. I was done. I had enough. I was taking her and that was the end of it. She would come with me willing or not she would be coming home with me today.

Evelyn

I tried to breathe a sigh of relief, but my chest was a tight band trapping my air in. Ana was notorious for not locking doors, but something, something felt off. It hung in the air like clouds after a storm. 

"Liam, I'm actually not feeling well. I'm so sorry that you came all the way here, but I just want to lay down and sleep."

Liam shut his eyes and it was like the tension in the air intensified by ten. When he opened his eyes, the normally sky blue eyes were replaced with ones much darker and burned with anger.

"Don't lie to me Evie," he spat at me harshly. The stern tone of his voice caused me to stagger backwards against the edge of my bed.

"Ex-excuse me," I stammered, my voice quivering with a mixture of confusion and fear.

"You heard me Evie, don't make me repeat myself. I hate repeating myself," he said rubbing the stubble on each side of his face before his eyes met mine with a glare.

"I think you need to leave," I stammered as loudly as I could as I eyed the bedroom and then him.

"I know you went to see him. That's inexcusable. I've given you chance after chance," he said walking towards the door and leaning the full weight of his body against it. He moved his left leg up to meet flush with the door and placed his hands in his lap in front of him.

"Liam leave now," I demanded trying to convey as much power as I could in my voice.

He smiled at me and gave a smug head shake before all he replied wjth was a simple, "No."

My face contorted in disbelief. Something was wrong. Something was very very wrong. How did he know I went to see Jackson. Who was this dark stranger that replaced the nearly perfect guy I had been on a date with not even a week ago. Anger now began to rise from my belly to my clenched fists and to my mouth as I yelled, throwing my hand up towards the door, "Liam get the hell out of my apartment now or I'll call the cops."

His eyes blazed at my words and took on a darker hue.

"Cussing is against the rules," he replied taking a step towards me.

"Rules," I questioned.

He took another step forward towards me. "Yes Evie, rules. You'll come to learn them soon. I was hoping that this time would be different. That you'd let this happen organically, but alas no."

"Get the fuck out now," I demanded as I grabbed my phone and began to unlock it.

Liam moved swiftly towards me, nearly soundless in his motion, as he quickly closed the distance between us. His hand reached up and yanked the phone from my hand and threw it across the room where it hit the wall with a bang and fell to the floor with a thump.

My eyes widened at his actions as his hand came up to grip my chin tightly.

"I said no cussing," he said staring me directly in the eyes, his fingers pushing deep enough into me to cause the slightest bit of pain and discomfort.