"Come on.....Sundays your day off. You can make it." She muttered, lifting her head she glanced in her rearview mirror as a luxurious 2011 BMW rolled by.

She watched it pull out of the parking lot headed wherever. Wondering who was here this late. Shrugging she got out trudging to the building. Unlocking the door she shook her arms out. Today she only had 3 floors to do. Getting to work hours ticked by. 11:00 on the dot she was locking back up. Today if she made good time home she'd get multiple hours of sleep. She wasn't sure she wanted to go home though. Calling her bestfriend as she pulled out she remembered the spare clothes she always kept in the trunk.

"What's up boo?" Jo questioned getting ready to go to bed.

"Hey...you up?"

"Barely." Jo responded with a yawn.

"You mind if I spend the the night?" Melinda asked.

"What happened? I need to come get you? Cause I'll get up right now!" Jo rushed out, Melinda gave a dry chuckle.

"No I just got off. I'm driving." She answered.

"Well yeah come on. Tell me what happened."

"The usual Robert....then add my sisters." She sighed still reeling from today. She didnt have the time to process like she needed to.

"Them bitches finally came to talk to you?"

"Talk to Melinda, yell at Melinda. It's all the same." She voiced lowly.

"Yell at you? For what.......you mortgaged the house didnt you?" Jo questioned, Melinda groaned recognizing the signs of a scolding.

"June's pregnant." She quickly blurted, a long silence coming afterward.

"Oh.....you okay?"

"Yeah." Mel chirped pulling up to her house. Hearing the car from inside Jo walked to her front door. Hanging up Melinda made her way to the door. Jo wordlessly opened her arms for her friend. Melinda cracked the tears coming. Desperately wanting and needing that comfort.

"Mel....Come inside. I know you're tired." Jo spoke shutting the door.

Her heart aching for her friend who seemed to never catch a break. After a half a bottle of wine Melinda fell asleep. Waking up to her phone ringing off the hook. She didn't have to look at it to know who it was. Ignoring it she pulled herself off Jo's couch. Not her best sleep but it was her peace. That was worth more than a few aches. Taking a quick shower she left Jo a note. Her friend lucky she didnt go in till 9. Back to work she went for her day job. After a long day she wanted to get in as much sleep as possible before she had to go back.

Home was starting to feel so uncomfortable. My spirit was being drained. No one saw it....they saw me as some...some just....I dont know. "Take your time Melinda." At 26 I was feeling drained. Thst wasnt what twenties were supposed to be like. Your twenties were about fun, adventure, life.....my twenties had the world on my shoulders. Yet no one asked Mekinda how she was holding up. Per usual it was about everyone else.

"Oh god." Melinda groaned turning off her car. Her sister parked on the side of the road waiting for her. She rested her head on her steering wheel wondering why she could never have a break.

"Um hellooooo." Brenda called tapping on the window. Glaring at the older woman Melinda got out her car. Not in the mood written all over her face.

"I was about to leave. Glad I caught you Mel. I want you to come to dinner Sunday. Its Casey's birthday we're going to Olive Garden." Brenda spoke closely analyzing her sister.