Ghost (of Jealousy)

*Vote and Comment. Strap in for this shit.*

DADDY! DADDY WAKE UP! PLEASE DADDY!!! GET UP!! DADDY!" the sound of a young Melinda screamed as she ran towards the body on the ground. She spun around confused as to where she was. One second she was at Jack's and the next she was in a house. The marble floor cold as she stared at the body on the ground. "Daddy...... Daddy please," she begged as she bent down to turn the body over. "Daddy?" She whimpered. Using her strength she pulled the body to face her and jumped back with a loud gasp as she came face to face with not her father, but her fiance Derrick, tied up and bleeding out just like her father was. "No no no no NO!!!"

The room spun around, she found herself standing in a church, her sisters by her side. Looking straight ahead her eyes fell onto the casket. Knowing whose it was Mel felt her legs grow weak. Not her mother. "Whyyyyyy!? Mama!" She screamed. Her sisters speaking to her but their words falling on deaf ears. Rushing to the casket, she stumbled back. Her own self looking back at her. The bruised neck. The busted lip. The cuts. "No.............." Mel whispered. "Stay away from that boy!" The voice of her mother swirled around her head. "Mama I'm sorry!" She yelled out only to be somewhere else.

She looked around, she was somewhere she hadn't been before. Someone stood a short distance away, water surrounding the two. White floors under their feet. "Mama?" Turning around, Beverly looked at her daughter with a smile. "Mellie Bell." "Mama!" Mel screamed as she rushed over to hug her. "My sweet little Bell. Look at you so beautiful. I'm so proud of you," Beverly voiced so softly as Mel cried. "I'm sorry for not listening mama. I should've stayed away from him. I know it now. I'm literally being hunted! I'm scared for my life now. I'm scared for my baby!" "Your baby is going to be fine. Mellie you are so smart. You will get out of this. Just breathe and focus baby. Focus.........." the sound and image of her mother fading out. The boom of Robert's appeared without warning, blaring in her face. "YOU THINK THAT'S GOING TO SAVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Melinda....... Melinda take a deep breath." FUCK!!! "Are you okay? What were you just thinking about?" The nightmares came back. It was getting closer and closer to the day my mom died. October 11th. I couldn't stay sleep. I might've downplayed just how much that run in with Robert shook me. I was having dreams of my mom but they all included me and Derrick dead and Robert yelling at me. I know Derrick was exhausted. I probably jumped up out of my sleep every single night. He'd wake up and just breathe with me. It was getting unhealthy. But what could I do? I was being tormented by the devil, I was being hunted, I was.........I was prey.

Melinda sat up in bed, taking slow deep breaths. She was so glad she didn't wake Derrick up again. Rubbing her belly, she dropped her head. "I'm so sorry," she whispered. Unable to hold her tears, she put a hand over her mouth to contain her whimpers. "I'm sorry you have to go through this. You're not even here in this world yet and you're already on a crazy ride. I don't know how I'm going to protect you. I don't how we're going to get out of this. But I promise you that I'm going to fight and make sure you get to see this beautiful world. It's not all bad I promise. You'll get to meet your daddy. And he's the absolute best person in the world. I'm going to make sure you meet your daddy okay? I love you so much. I love you so so much my sweet baby," she took some deep breaths before grabbing her journal.

What am I to do? When someone says it's time to pay your crimes, who chooses the depth? What am I to do?

Do I run forever? Do I stop and cry? Will my legs carry me? If I stop do I die?

What am I to do? When the devil is beating at your door with memories of what happened on that very floor. What. Am I. To do?