He Don't Know Nothing About It

*Yall........shit is about to go down. But like real quick...... don't you just love Derrick so far hehehehehe. Vote and Comment 😈😈*

Pulling up to the house after work, Mel hit the clicker to her 2019 Jaguar XF. She loved this car. It was sexy. It was brand new. And she only needed 1 excuse to not let Robert drive it. Company Car. The first night I got the car, Robert damn near fought me. He said that if I got a new car, he should get one too. "I have a feeling you had a rebuttal to that." I did. I told him that if he would've gotten a corporate job, then maybe just maybe he could get a new car all on his own. He drug me up the stairs and bruised my ribs the whole way. I wanted to call in so bad but I had just started. I couldn't do that.

A couple months had went by and it seemed like he was attempting to mellow out. "It seemed like?" I got off work at 5 but I would stay till 7. Do some extra filing. Make sure Derrick's schedule was correct for the following day. Sent reminders to contact certain people. I loved what I was doing. By the time I got home, Robert would just peek his head out to make sure it was me and ask for dinner. He told me his battery was done but that didn't stop him from undoing something and tweaking it again.

"Mel," Robert called out as he walked into the kitchen. She turned around, almost done cooking. "I need you to do something." Melinda couldn't help but to groan. When Robert glared at her, she instantly put on face. "I need you to talk about my battery." "To who?" Anger started to take over his demeanor that quickly. Why was she playing dumb right now? "To.... Derrick." "Why would I do that? He's not looking into that type of business Robert. Plus right now he's working out a huge deal with the Mayor so I don't know what you want him to do about your battery."

He looked at me with disbelief. Like I was just supposed to take that damn battery to work and say Hey Derrick. I know you're focused on the next project you're hammering through but would you look at my dead beat husband's battery? Robert stood silently, staring blankly at her. "Why can't you ever support me?" He asked lowly as if he was really a victim. "Robert I've supported you since day one. I don't have the authority to make someone acknowledge your battery." Dude started laughing as if I wasn't just a PA. What was I supposed to do with that battery?

"You get this fancy lil job and get a nigga to give you a car and you start sounding like all the snobby ass bitches at Prescott's office. I need you to support your husband. Don't you want to live like the other half? Don't you want the finer things? I'm trying to get us there." "If you'd just get a job-" a backhand knocked her back towards the stove, her hand landing on the burner. Mel screamed as she looked at her blistering palm. Grabbing her and ignoring her injury, Robert held his mug as he got his point driven into her.

"You're going to talk to him right?" He gripped her burn, making her whimper and scream. "You're going to pitch my battery at one of those lunches you think I'm okay with. Get me an interview with him or Prescott. I don't think I have to remind you that you've been slacking on your wifely duties. Do I make myself clear?" He purposely pressed against the biggest burn. It didn't help that that his hands were covered in metal shavings and grease from the battery. She felt herself growing lightheaded. Swaying back and forth, she nodded slowly before passing out against him.

When she woke up the next morning, she was in bed with a bandage wrapped around her hand. She winced, her hand still feeling tender. She was glad it wasn't her dominate hand which meant she could still write. It didn't make her feel better though. She had to do something she never wanted to do. I started thinking about when I told him about the job. Was he okay with me taking this job in hopes that I'd push his battery? It was starting to make sense. Part of me started to wish that I hadn't even came back into Derrick's life with such bullshit. The other half was grateful that I had another person in my corner, even if I couldn't tell him what was going on at home.